Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Help adding content to XSitePro

waf123
Trust:

Help adding content to XSitePro

I am a newbie. I have Xsitepro and have started creating my first website. I want to start writing/getting content. Can I write the content within xsitepro or do I write it outside of xsite pro and import it into website? How do you convert already written content so that it shows up in xsite pro? Thanks for your help!!!
jpastorizo
Trust:
waf123,

If you have written content, then you can just paste it on the page you want it to be within your website. Just make sure that you dont copy directly from MSWord. If you have your article in MSWord then you should copy and paste it in notepad and then from there you can copy and then paste it in XSP. Of course if you have not published/republished your site you will not be able to see how it looks because the site will only be saved within XSP.

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

PremiumMember
theschulers
Trust:
I have been working with XSP2 for a little while. This rule applies to anything that you write for any publication. Always have a backup stored offline first with time and date it was created. This will save much frustration in the future. I am pretty sure every writer will agree.
waf123
Trust:
Jpastorizo - thank you; I read on this forum that I could create articles in Mircrosoft Word provided I saved it as a pdf; is that correct?
waf123
Trust:
The Schulers - Thank you; I am assuming this is for protection in case someone says they wrote it first. So have you published a website using Xsitepro? Can you just write articles within xsitepro or how do you do it?
jpastorizo
Trust:
You can write articles in MSWord and then copy it to notepad. Then copy it from notepad before pasting it in XSP. The reason you have to do this is becase if you copy directly from MSWord there is always an extra code that is copied and so gives an error.

If you want a downloadable file then yes you can write it in MSWord and then save it as a PDF file.

waf123 wrote:Jpastorizo - thank you; I read on this forum that I could create articles in Mircrosoft Word provided I saved it as a pdf; is that correct?
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

waf123
Trust:
Jpastorizo - thank you so much; that clears it up for me. Have a great weekend.

This topic was started on Nov 26, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.