Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

What % of plagiarism is acceptable in blogging?

tandaezeekdv
Trust:

What % of plagiarism is acceptable in blogging?

I'm planning to create a blog, but first I need to clear up a confusion.

I'll write a blog article on "the best email marketing tools." Because it is such a broad topic, I drew inspiration from a variety of Internet sites when writing my article. However, when I examined using plagiarism tools, I discovered that a certain amount of the content matches other sources online.

Can you tell me what percentage of copying is permissible in blogging without affecting my blog's SEO?
broadbandfreedom123
Trust:
In general, there is no set proportion for accepting plagiarised work. Typically, 5–10% is allowed depending on the length of the blog article or if you didn't do it for a specific reason.
*deleted*
Last edited by maryt on 22 Jun 21 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spamming

staystoothkckk
Trust:
It might be as little as 2% to 3%, or it may be much more. The more effort you spend gathering references and citing sources, the more likely your post will be flagged.
randallangelo
Trust:
Hey,

Basically there is no specific percentage for acceptance of Plagiarized content. Usually, 5–10% is allowed depending on the length of the blog post or if you've not done it for a purpose.
tasuyknq
Trust:
Maximum 15–20% can be allowed but try to write 100% plagiarism free content.
bracknelson
Trust:
Usually, 5–10% is allowed depending on the length of the blog post.
If you have a broad topic, then you have taken the percentage of 10%.
garimonstr
Trust:
Blogging implies fully original content. If you plagiarize, them it cannot be called blogging. You can refer to different sources or blogs or books or something else, but never plagiarize.
christinelopez92
Trust:
Even if your score is only 1%, you must go over each similarity and evaluate whether or not you need to change your work.
painsmith
Trust:
In my opinion, if you're a copywriter or you just a creator of a blog you'd better stay off plagiarisms at all, mostly because it worsens the statistics of your account and blog. If you want to use plagiarisms then you have rather use the same idea but describe it in other words. In such case you won't be accuse of plagiarism and your blog will be prosperous. However, I suppose that such people always should create something by their owns, because there is no better content which is created by your own efforts. Moreover, plagiarisms badly affect your cognitive abilities because you do nothing to make your brain work.
davidmull
Trust:
Basically there is no specific percentage for acceptance of Plagiarized content. Usually, 5–10% is allowed depending on the length of the blog post or if you've not done it for a purpose. Google is okay with around 2–3% of plagiarism in your article.
gamerseocom
Trust:
As small as possible, the text must always be unique.
bessieexum
Trust:
Basically there is no specific percentage for acceptance of Plagiarized content. Usually, 5–10% is allowed depending on the length of the blog post or if you've not done it for a purpose. Google is okay with around 2–3% of plagiarism in your article.
charles.gumbley
Trust:
You should aim to keep that percentage as low as possible since the unique and original content is what counts for getting a good ranking, but some general thumb of rules says that everything below 20% won't be considered plagiarism, so try maybe some online tool that can help you in determining this level.
paulinerenfro
Trust:
tandaezeekdv wrote:I'm planning to create a blog, but first I need to clear up a confusion.

I'll write a blog article on "the best email marketing tools." Because it is such a broad topic, I drew inspiration from a variety of Internet sites when writing my article. However, when I examined using plagiarism tools, I discovered that a certain amount of the content matches other sources online.

Can you tell me what percentage of copying is permissible in blogging without affecting my blog's SEO?

What percentage of plagiarism is acceptable in blogging? This is a difficult question to answer, as it depends on the individual blog and the definition of plagiarism. Generally speaking, most bloggers aim to produce original content and try to avoid plagiarizing others' work. However, a small amount of plagiarism may be acceptable depending on the situation - for example, if you're quoting a brief passage from another source to illustrate a point you're making. If you're unsure about whether or not something is plagiarism, it's always best to err on the side of caution and cite your sources.
gennifercarter
Trust:
tandaezeekdv wrote:I'm planning to create a blog, but first I need to clear up a confusion.

This is a difficult question to answer, as it depends on a number of factors. In general, however, plagiarism should be avoided as much as possible in blogging. This means that you should either write your own content or properly attribute any borrowed material.

How much plagiarism is acceptable likely varies from person to person? Some bloggers may be more lenient with using others' material, while others may be stricter. However, if you're caught plagiarizing, it could damage your reputation and cause serious consequences. Therefore, it's generally best to err on the side of caution and avoid plagiarism altogether.
socialmmcompany
Trust:
Try to make the content as genuine as possible. Basically there is no specific percentage for acceptance of Plagiarized content. Usually, 5–10% is allowed depending on the length of the blog post or if you've not done it for a purpose.
wrathskin
Trust:
There are rare cases when you can have 85% originality. It depends on the topic of your article.
Perhaps it is something that is not very popular and there is a lot of similar information on the Internet. In this case you need to do a very good rewrite and try to have 90-95%
Of course a good SEO likes 100% original content.
Everyone will tell you that.
However, 95% is an excellent result too.
marquittagreen
Trust:
So long as you aren't exceeding 10% of your post marked as plagiarism (according to checkers), you'll be fine.

This topic was started on Jun 15, 2021 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.