Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

12 Clicks a Day to Zero

kenc138
Trust:

12 Clicks a Day to Zero

Hi folks,

Still being new to the Adwords game, I'm not fully aware of how to interpret the numbers. The past few weeks I've had a campaign running with the same 2 ads, both of which are generating a similar CTR (~2.33%). Over the past week, I've gone from 12-15 clicks per day to ZERO.

I've been trying to think of why this is. Maybe there is a disconnect between my keywords and the ad copy? If this were the case, how did I get 2 conversions and a consistently decent CTR?

Those of you with more experience, is it normal for clicks to suddenly stop after being consistent for a few weeks? Should I invest time in writing new ads? I am still getting many impressions, so I know Google hasn't put the account "under review".

Confused, please help :)

Thanks!
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Ken,
Have you checked to see if your campaigns are under review or on hold?

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

kenc138
Trust:
Hi Troy

Yes I have. I'm getting a lot of impressions, and the ads are showing. Today I had a 0.33% CTR when normally it's around 2.33%.

It's a simple review-type ad:

{KeyWord:Does Panic Away Work?}
Before Buying Panic Away, Read
This Important Consumer Review.

No clue what could be going on honestly lol. I am also showing the ads in mainly english-speaking countries.
wollowra
Trust:
Are your ads showing up in the exact same position as before the noticed drop in CTR?
If so, that could be it.
Could also be a natural decrease of interest in the market this week.
Or Google may be fooling around on their end with algorithms etc.
Hmm, not sure on this one.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Jun 06, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.