Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Where do I put my blog on my website?

holla22
Trust:

Where do I put my blog on my website?

Can someone give me some advice, I want to start a blog site where i do product reviews and video's. I want to know if i should have the blog as the first page(index page) that shows up or should i have a Index page that links back to my blog. Which is the best way to do this.

Thanks
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
There is no best way. What do you want to use your blog for. Is your blog going to be the primary way of advertising your products? If so, then just focus on a blog. Otherwise it would be best to create content for a website.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
I don't think there are any hard and fast rules about blog placement. I guess it depends on your future plans. Will you ever build a website around this niche or will you only use the blog? If you're site will be based entirely on your blog then why not just install your blog in the root directory ie your index page.

If you want to add static webpages in the future then I think you should create a landing page that links to your blog. What I've done is kept my index page as a standard webpage and add my blog as a keyword, example:

mydomain.com/my-mainkeyword-blog

Hope that makes sense, I'm not much of a techie :roll:

pc
edited to add: hey Adrian, I guess we were typing at the same time :lol:
holla22
Trust:
Thanks for the advice and yes it does make sense. I think I'm going to focus more on the blogging side.

Great stuff, Thanks guys