Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

What Is The Current Google-Friendly Article Blueprint?

nates450r
Trust:

What Is The Current Google-Friendly Article Blueprint?

Hi guys, I was just wondering with all the darn updates google seems to do. I just wanted to know the best way to tackle new and future articles as far as stucture . Last I heard a 1000 words was the norm with low keyword percentage.
cecille.l
Trust:
When it comes to articles on my sites, I pay attention to my my readers rather than what Google likes, or what they think makes up a good article. Google is more "user-centric" these days so focusing on what makes your readers happy will make Google happy too.

I don't think there's a specific rule to the length of the article, but I've found that it's helps increase your article's relevance to its target keyword if you use synonyms of your target keywords too.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

tankctrlr
Trust:
When I soon startup my inbound marketing machine (lol), I'm going to do 1,500+ words (for my main content), because the average word count for top ten ranking pages in google is around 2,000+ words long!! :-O

Source:
http://www.quicksprout.com/2014/03/31/h ... en-answer/
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

cecille.l
Trust:
Thanks for sharing that article, Andrew! So, 1500 words and up. It does make sense to make your articles longer, but while statistics is backing this up, long does not necessarily spell share-able content.

I would probably aim for that too moving forward, but if I don't have anything so say about my subject any more, or have just plain run out of things to say, then I won't push it.

I'd still go for comprehensible, informative and entertaining articles. Regardless of word length.

My two cents. :) Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

mark schaaf
Trust:
This subject is something I always find interesting because I have always written fairly long articles, the problem is after doing this for many years talking to many people in person as well as people in many forums I and so many I have talked to decided people on the internet are lazy and just plain stupid.

I also think google perpetrates this by making people think they will always get quick simple answers to what ever they are looking for. I have shown many people of all ages some of my articles that I am planning on posting and most of them say if they saw that article on the internet they would never read it because it was to long.

At the time that article was just over 1000 words and I said but if you need information and it takes that many words to explain what you need to know how will you ever get the information you are looking for if you don't take the time to read it.

So as for me I stopped even looking at my word counter when putting together an article. I keep writing till I think I put in all the information I would want if I was looking for it and most of my articles are written that way because I do articles on subjects I had looked for in the past.

So this is a very difficult question because if Google wants longer articles in order to get better rankings even thought studies show people don't read long articles you then have to decide whether you want good rankings or you want people to read your article but how will they read your article if you don't have good rankings but if you have good rankings and people see your long article and just clicks out or reads a little then clicks out then what good are the good rankings.

I have to say that the way the internet is becoming it is just becoming so stupid and how are we supposed to be able to figure anything out if they keep changing the rules. If people don't want to read articles over lets say 800 words long but google likes articles 1500 to 2000 words long in order for google to rank it well then what are we supposed to do. It is just so stupid.

One last thing I would like to ad is that not every subject can have a long article, if you have a cake baking site there is no way without boring everyone to death to have an article with 1500 words in it, there is only so many ways to tell someone how to whip up the cake batter.
Mark

alan roy hocking
Trust:
I think you should be concentrating on "people friendly"

In all the time I have been affilate marketing Google has never bought anything from me.

It's people who will buy your products and services and Google knows this so by making your articles "People friendly" you will automatically be "Google friendly"

Alan
The happiest people don't always have the best of everything, they just know how to make the best of everything.

brad9
Trust:
mark schaaf wrote:So this is a very difficult question because if Google wants longer articles in order to get better rankings even thought studies show people don't read long articles you then have to decide whether you want good rankings or you want people to read your article but how will they read your article if you don't have good rankings but if you have good rankings and people see your long article and just clicks out or reads a little then clicks out then what good are the good rankings.

My sentiments exactly. This is all becoming so ridiculous, and of course we need to rank, but if becoming less genuine & more "wordy" just for word count sake is the direction it's headed for, then I'd rather rank lower & know that people are enjoying what they read! There are articles that I read that make it quite obvious that the person knows nothing more of the subject than has already been stated, and yet the article continues on for 9 more paragraphs...reiterating, regurgitating & re-affirming to me that while it's fun to make money, it's much more fun to actually help the people that are using our sites! Call me old fashioned!
B]Check Out Our Software Affiliate Program at Boost Affiliates
Now offering $150 bonuses for first 5 sales.
Up to 90% in commissions, Low refund rate (below 5%), chargeback rate at .5%.
http://bit.ly/1j56o5G

tlkuhn
Trust:
Here's what I think is happening:

Google has been and will continue to make organic ranking so difficult that we affiliate marketers will just give up out of the frustration that is evident by this thread. This way, Google can drive us all to pay-per-click advertising, making Google even richer and more powerful.

Just my two cents.
vivianr330
Trust:
tlkuhn wrote:Here's what I think is happening:

Google has been and will continue to make organic ranking so difficult that we affiliate marketers will just give up out of the frustration that is evident by this thread. This way, Google can drive us all to pay-per-click advertising, making Google even richer and more powerful.

Just my two cents.

I'd like to add two cents to yours, lol.

I try to write as close to 700 words as possible per article. Let's face, as some here have already pointed out, people don't like to read long articles online; the exception possibly being ebooks on their favorite topics.
optins
Trust:
I think being people-centric is the way to go.

If you please the customer over time, you will get your rewards.

This topic was started on May 08, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.