Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Using other Sites Content

dave1032
Trust:

Using other Sites Content

Hi
I am creating a website at the moment and wanted it to contain some quotes from another website.
Just wanted to know where I stand on using them, as obviously they are not his quotes but I found them on his site.

Thanks
Dave
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Are you talking about quotes from famous people?

I can't imagine there would be any problem with using them.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
You can't copyright public works.
superaff
Trust:
If you want these quotes, you may ask to the site owner.

Suggestion: Get your quotes from article directories like ezinarticles.com

What do you think?

The drawback is that you'll have to give credit to the author...
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
superaff wrote:If you want these quotes, you may ask to the site owner.

Suggestion: Get your quotes from article directories like ezinarticles.com

What do you think?

The drawback is that you'll have to give credit to the author...

I think he is referring to famous quotes Frank.. not just the owner's comments... could be wrong though.
superaff
Trust:
Ah! If it's famous quote, I use them on my site. A quote is a quote.
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

dave1032
Trust:
I wouldn't say they were overly famous, see below for an example.

This recipe is certainly silly. It says to separate the eggs, but it
doesn't say how far to separate them.”
Gracie Allen

I have since asked the website owner if I could use them and he has said ok. :-)

Thanks Guys

Dave
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
No problems then :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
I'd keep the email just to be sure.
chimborazo
Trust:
Source of Topic Ideas?

Hi,
Is this even taboo to ask, I don't know. I'm just asking to see if this is a legitimate way of finding topic ideas & to come off as someone w/ some knowledge in the words he writes. You know, not an amateur.

I read some articles on ezine for example & thought they were kind of, wel't, that's not important, what is is the question that popped in my mind. I think people would like to know if this is ethical, permissible, legal, etc., to take that article's idea or point or purpose & write your own article on that idea or point or purpose? Even maybe only slightly reorder the presentation but completely rewriting it. This could be a source of ideas for articles, especially for a newbie in a niche. Rewording a paragraph from a book is legal, right?
Thanks for any guidance on this.
John
chimborazo
Trust:
I wrote earlier:

"I read some articles on ezine for example. . .I think people would like to know if this is ethical, permissible, legal, etc., to take that article's idea or point or purpose & write your own article on that idea or point or purpose? Even maybe only slightly reorder the presentation but completely rewriting it. This could be a source of ideas for articles, especially for a newbie in a niche. Rewording a paragraph from a book is legal, right?"[/quote]

Nobody can help a newbie out on this one? Does anyone whose been in internet marketing for awhile care to give any advice on this please. Basically, is it all right to rewrite somebody else's articles? Thank you.

John
tansy9
Trust:
Hi,
There is no copyright in ideas. Copyright lies in how the ideas are expressed. i.e the exact words that are used. If you do research and then write up what you have learnt in your own words then there should not be a problem with copyright. Personally I would not write an article just based on one person's website. I think that is unfair. But if you got information from several sources and rewrote everything in your own words that would be ok. We need to think of karma. What would we like other people to do to us and with the material we have written on our websites? Hope all goes well for you.
Tansy