Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Tips for Hiring a Writer

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:

Tips for Hiring a Writer

One of the most crucial aspects of building your own website is getting great content. You need high quality, compelling articles, which will leave your readers drooling for more. However, it is also the #1 time-killer for a business owner. After seeing some of the posts recently, I decided to share these tips with you.

There are many things for you to consider when hiring a writer. This is your business. You need to make sure that you get everything that you need.

Writing Samples Are Critical

Make sure you see some samples of their writing first. You want to make sure that they will provide you with quality. Any good writer usually has samples, even if they have never written professionally before.
You need to make sure that the way they write will represent your business well. You want them to magically draw your readers to your offer. Also, make sure that they can write articulately, and expressively.

Scheduling Matters

You should always discuss your delivery schedule early on. You don’t want to be hung out to dry by late delivery. It could destroy you before you even begin. If you need your first few articles within a few days, you need to state this right up front. You want to make sure that your writer can get you what you need, when you need it.

Competitive Prices for Your Budget

Although it is true that a great writer will be expensive, a good writer will still be affordable. You want to make sure that the writer that you hire will fit within your budget.

Now it is true, you get what you pay for. Do not expect a masterpiece for $5. However, if you are looking to receive well-written articles that drive hungry crowds to your products, then you need to be willing to pay a competent rate. After all, a good writer will spend at least 1-2 hours on your article. Is it worth the time you are saving by not doing it yourself?

Rewrites are a REQUIREMENT!

If they do not deliver what you want, should you still have to pay for the articles? I do not believe you should. You need to hire a writer who is willing to work with you, at least on a limited basis.

Now, this does not mean that you can take advantage of them, and get unlimited rewrites for your articles. However, if they cannot do the job within 2-3 tries, you should probably look for someone else anyway.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
Hi James, I agree that choosing the right person to write your articles is crucial in getting good content for your site. Thanks for this informative post!
superaff
Trust:
I would add to this that it's good to hire more than one writer, so you can compare between them.

Heck, we split test everything!

Franck
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

writeaway
Trust:
Good advice James. I would also add, that it is a good idea to get your writer to deliver your articles as they are completed (or in batches). That way, you can ensure you what your after has been communicated effectively before the project is completed.

Kym
Let me put Your Vision into Words www.kymmulcahy.com
Make Money Writing On The Internet www.onlinewritingskills.com
Grab your High Quality PLR Weight Loss Report at www.highqualityplr.org

This topic was started on Jan 09, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.