Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Original Articles from Elance - Should I do this...?

global365
Trust:

Original Articles from Elance - Should I do this...?

Question? If I buy 10 original articles from Elance to build a nice site, and then get the site up and going, should I take those 10 original articles and still post them at Ezinearticles and Goarticles and such for distribution with links pointing back to the niche site, or just keep them to myself?

Thanks
PremiumMember
tino
Trust:
Hey Global,

If you can afford it I would purchase additional articles to submit to the directories. If that’s not affordable then I would post your original 10 to the article directories. It’s best to change the wording in the articles that you submit to avoid the duplicate content filters. You don’t want the articles on your site to end up in Google’s supplemental results.

Your articles are likely to end up on hundreds of Websites if they are good and that is a lot of places to have the same article posted. The good thing about that is you will also get hundreds of links pointing back to your site which will help with your page rank.

Another good reason to submit the articles to the directories is because they will bring you traffic right a way while you are waiting for search engine traffic to kick in.

With all the above being said, here are some interesting results of a test that I started last year.

On one of my test sites I posted 25 articles to it and 5 main pages. When I started the site I started it with just the 5 main pages and 5 article pages. I placed 5 articles per week on the site and submitted the same 5 articles to 10 article directories (including EzineArticles and GoArticles). I did nothing else to promote the site. I did not change the articles in any way. I started this site in November of 2005. It achieved a page rank of 3 in about 90 days and by that time it was getting about 80 to 100 visitors per day. About 90% of the traffic was coming from the articles.

I have not touched the site since. It has 30 pages on it and over 2000 incoming links from the articles. It’s now a PR4. It gets about 70 to 100 uniques per day now, mostly from all three search engines and it brings in about $80 to $140 per month from Adsense.

None of the pages ended up in the supplemental results. I’m not sure why, but I think it was because I started with unique articles from elancers instead of articles from article directories.

John T
global365
Trust:
Thanks John, Appreciate the indepth reply.

Barry
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Do not submit the articles on your website to directories. Re-word them first. ALWAYS

Adrian,
creat3cp
Trust:
adrian wrote:Do not submit the articles on your website to directories. Re-word them first. ALWAYS

Adrian,

hi adrian,

why do we need to re-word the articles?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
You need to reword them because google doesnt like identical content on two different sites, it will rank one and pretty much ignore the other.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
There's no reason why you can't get twice the punch out of your articles by submitting them to directories as well as having them on your site, but I do recommend changing them by at least 25%. All you have to do is paraphrase parts of your article -- say the same thing in a different way.

Traffic Travis has a great new tool for measuring the difference between articles -- give it a go.

- Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

creat3cp
Trust:
thanks mark. I will give it a try.
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
where is the tool in traffic travis for that?
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
revimp:

You need to get the latest version of Traffic Travis (version 1.1.4). The "article compare" tool is a new feature.

regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive