Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Isn't writing an article for each keyword content overkill?

carlmasure
Trust:

Isn't writing an article for each keyword content overkill?

Is it possible to overkill content on a website just so that one has a lot of pages filled up with key words to click around on? As a person who's been browsing the web for as long as anyone here, I find that sometimes less is more, but maybe that is my personal preference. Anyway, I think websites look a bit ridiculous when they are visually appealing, but repeat the same thing over and over, but with slightly different wording. In Mark's Blogger bootcamp, lots of content works well because of the variety of flight simulator aircraft that are available, but that is not always the case.

Check it out: Say I am promoting a do-it-yourself mole removal program and select these keywords:
cosmetic mole removal, dermatology mole removal, face mole removal, facial mole removal, home mole removal, mole removal, mole removal skin, mole removal treatment, mole remover, mole wart removal, moles removal, natural mole removal, removal of mole, removal of moles, skin moles removal.

In practice, I should be writing a post/page for every keyword and then creating backlinks for each one. Makes sense. But, I find it a bit ridiculous to write tons of content about basically the exact same thing. On the other hand, I don't know the psychology of a person who is ready to buy the product. Yet, I think people are quite savvy consumers and might get turned off. Personally, I think it looks a bit goofy to write over ten pages of content about removing a mole. Throw in the sales calls to action, and it makes it look like you are over selling something--hard.

So, should I be writing over and over on the same thing, making it look a little different? Or should we be getting articles together about dermatology and throwing the keywords in to satisfy the googlebot? I'm curious because I don't have the funds to hire elance to write yet and I'm about to go mad writing. By the way, the product I'm promoting is not the mole removal at home kit, but it looks like it might have promise.

Thoughts?

Carl
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Carl,
And I was really looking forward to that mole removal article of yours...lol

Most people will do a search to get to your site.
They will land on a page that has the relevant content that they searched for on that keyword.
Now, if they are really wanting to delve into getting rid of those moles then they may click on a couple of other pages that you have... but most likely they will click on a call to action ( Banner etc..) to a mole removal product.

Now having said that, I think that you really need to research a niche before jumping into it.
I would rather do that than do as you said and write articles which are just the same over and over.. but you can do it and still make money in my opinion, it all depends on the niche.

For your first site, I would not worry so much about having a hit on your hands right away as I always advise people to 1. Build a site on a niche they like and 2. Do it as a learning process and worry about the money later.

Having said that, I don't mean that if you like collecting, say "camel spit" to put up a site and hope to make money from it, even though you learned a lot..lol Hmm, is that even a hobby...lol YUK.
Choose a niche that you like, can learn from building a site and has the potential to make some money.
If you don't make a lot of cash then at least you like what the site is about and you learned something in the process and can start on a second site with more clarity.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

carlmasure
Trust:
Hey Troy,

Great points, I must say. I agree with you that the key is to get over the learning curve quickly and fail as fast as possible so that profitable am happens sooner rather than later. Next time, I will include in my keyword research some forethought about how many articles about camel spit I have to write.

Thanks,

Carl
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
I found in my niche that when I really went back and did the keyword research and went back to the forums to look for keywords, checked the affiliate area and sales page for keywords, etc, I realized that I left a BUNCH of DIFFERENT areas OUT of my original keyword list and, as a result, was coming up with keywords that were too similar. But when I explored these additional keywords, I was able to find enough keywords to do different topics for most of the pages.

If, for some reason, your particular niche doesn't have many areas like this, perhaps what you may need to do is take a step back and "broaden" your "Niche" a bit. So instead of "cure moles" as a niche, take a step back and maybe look at "cures" as your broader niche, in which you would have divisions such as "cure moles", "cure yeast infection", etc.

Hopefully, between these two concepts, you'll be able to find enough "different" stuff so that not everything is the same.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
A good idea is to take a look at the sales page for your product, and see what sort of words/terms they're using there. If it's a good, successful sales page (ie, high gravity in Clickbank) then it obviously sells well, which means that it identifies with the audience, which means that it hits their major problems with the sales copy. It's a good place to start.

But yeah.... your keywords seem a little shallow at this stage. When you don't know your topic very well you tend to end up with a bunch of keywords that are very very similar.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
It is all about knowing your niche, how about looking for keywords about problems caused by moles,

focus on why people want moles removed and you will diversify your keyword list.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Jan 06, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.