Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

How much should I pay for proofreading services?

stefan1601
Trust:

How much should I pay for proofreading services?

Hey guys,

Back when I submitted my site for review, a staff suggest me to fixing some grammatical error in the article to make it looked more credible. Since I can't do it myself, I'm planning to look for an elancer to fix it.

Does anyone know how much should I bid for proofreading 90 articles and about 50 newsletter?

Thanks
Stefan
Last edited by michellerana on 21 Apr 10 4:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

slvrsrfr
Trust:
Depends how long the articles and newsletter is. I don't really know how much someone would charge for that. I'd say probably half as much as you'd pay to have it written, or less than half as much.

So maybe $1 per 100 words. I'm just speculating though.

What you should do is to place a project and be specific about the total word count of all 90 articles and newsletters. Use the $50 to $500 payment option and see if you get any nibbles.

Honestly though, thinking that each article is 500 words and each newsletter is 1 page of 500 words I think you are probably going to have to spend upwards of around $1000.

Most importantly when choosing a bidder you want high feedback around 95% or more and I'd look for at least 10 feedback scores in the last 6 months or so.

Hope this helps,

Jason
faradina
Trust:
On elance there are jobs that simply say less than $500 and then they let providers bid. Why not go that route?You will then be able to gauge how much (or how little) you can pay for someone to proofread your articles. Like Jason said, you should state exactly how many articles and exactly how many total words there are to proofread.
stefan1601
Trust:
thanks for the idea, I think I'll just focus on proofreading the articles for the time being
PremiumMember
crystal01
Trust:
Hi,

Can't you do this through Word? It runs both a spell and grammar check?
nancy11
Trust:
Grammar101.com provides professional English Proofreading Services, Essay Editing, Book Editing and Manuscript Proofreading Services. Our proofreading professionals can undertake almost any proofreading job.
Proofreading Services
kathere
Trust:
inWrite provides premium proofreading services, copy editing and copy writing services. Rest easy knowing that your documents are error-free with our premium proofreading service.You don't need to hire a full-time editor or writer for your important projects. Just send in your writing and proofreading tasks, and we'll get it done for you promptly and professionally.

We proofread $2.95/page!

For more info, check inWrite or send your inquiries thru [email protected]