Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Article writing and reviews: where do I start?

lunatunes
Trust:

Article writing and reviews: where do I start?

Ive read so much about writing a review for a product or writing an article for
a product to promote it. And that is what I would like to do for my first attempt at making money online.
I just haven't been able to find info on how to initially do it. By that I mean,
I dont even know where to write the info into.
ie: wordpad, microsoft publisher ect. I dont have a website but I do have an
affiliate I would like to promote. Does it matter what program I use to write
it because I am assuming that when I submit it I just copy and paste it into
one of there own forms.
Also, can anyone suggest a good source of info on writing a good article or
review. One that the directories will accept?

Randy
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
So you're going to be submitting to article directories?

Doesn't really matter what you use to type it up in, but I find textpad to be pretty handy. Its free and you can download it at www.textpad.com.

Have you watched Marks video on writing reviews?
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Doesn't matter what you use to write it. You have to put it in a form anyways if you plan to submit to a directory or article place.

Adrian,
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
A good thing to do is just read a whole bunch of reviews. Work out which ones make you interested in the product, and which ones bore you to death. Then try to work out why this is.

A lot of reviews will follow a certain pattern. Ie. 1) What the product is, 2) what is unique about the product, 3) features/benefits of the product, 4) any bad things about the product, 5) where the product fits into the current market in comparison to other products, 6) who the product might be useful for, 7) your overall view on the product and whether you recommend it.

Once you've got all that basic information down, you need to work on your tone of writing. The most important things with reviews is sounding credible. Credible is *not* OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT I'VE EVER SEEN!!#@! -- you have to be more balanced.

Another point is that you don't want to provide too much information about the product in the review. Provide just enough to get your readers interested and wanting to click through to the merchant to read more. If you provide too much information, but don't sell it well enough, your reader might decide that the product is no good for them right away, without clicking through.

One situation where you *might* want to provide lots of information is when the sales page itself is weak. But for the most part, let the merchant do the selling, and use your review to generate interest.

Go out and read some reviews and you'll see what I mean.

I hope that helps!
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Oh, and Wordpad will do just fine :)
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive