Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

A TRICK when writing Content?

PremiumMember
ashtonjude
Trust:

A TRICK when writing Content?

Hi all,
Just a quick query. When I get my workers to write my articles should I be getting them to write it:

1) In a way that GIVES the visitor all information required. Eg. If they search "lose man boobs", do I get my writer to go through 3 techniques to lose man boobs, and so their problem is solved?

or

2) Do I get them to write the article in a way to SLIGHTLY help... but not really offer a solution... then my affiliate link comes in? I'm worried about this option though because it might cause no trust?

Need some insight here.
Cheers
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

faradina
Trust:
With the first option your site visitors will no longer have the need to purchase a solution, which defeats the purpose of having an affiliate site which is to make money from referrals.

And so you should go for option two.
digiblue
Trust:
I have a bit of a different take when it comes to getting content for my Website. I am big on adding massive value in each article. This will build trust and your recommended choices (affiliate promotions) will become much more seductive to them.

The thing you need to think about, for most markets, such as your example "lose man boobs" do you really think a 400 - 500 word article will solve all their problems. Possibly... and if it is written in a way that does add massive value then it could solve a much larger chunk of their problem. But it is usually not enough. People will still crave more...

There are many steps in most markets to get the desired end result. And if someone is serious about achieving their goal they will pay money for a "complete" guide, ebook or video training. The way I look at it is, if the content on the site is of great value, then this value will quite often get translated across the the affiliate product you are recommending.

Now, the time that I do offer more incomplete articles is on sites that are not my main Website. Sites like Ezinearticles for instance, I don't want to offer a complete solution here, I want to give them just enough info to wet their appetite and include a seductive resource box that attracts clicks like crazy. I don't want them hanging around on sites outside my own, I want them to get off those sites as quickly as possible and back to my main Website. At my Website, that is where the magic happens if it is "highly valuable" in there eyes, looks professionally created, and is optimized for conversions.

Once they do come to my Website, whether they came from ezinearticles, squidoo, youtube, a facebook fan page, twitter, etc, this is when I want to show how much value I can offer them and solutions (affiliate products) I recommend.

Hope this helps,

Alex
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I agree withe Alex. I provide a lot more value up front, and often share things that many people sell. You can see that around here. If you go through some of my posts, you will find that I say a lot of things that are often reserved for products that people sell. I do this in all my niches.

You may give up a commission up front by doing that, but if you think long term, you have built a relationship that will last for years to come. I have helped people in all my niches to solve problems, and to help them along the way. I often say to share everything that you do know for free, and when they get to a point that you cannot help them, reffer them to a product that can.

Think about how mark runs affilorama.

between the lessons and the forum, you can learn everything that you need to start an affiliate business for free. You can learn a lot of tips and tactics for every aspect of this business here for free. But, for the step by step action plan, you have to buy a product.

I have followed this same strategy with my forum posts, blogs, and articles, and it has worked in every niche.

Yes, you will give up some sales doing this, but at the same time, you are building a relationship with someone. Next time they have a problem, who are they going to turn to? someone who just made them feel good, or someone who gave solid advice before that helped them solve a problem?

I spend a lot of time helping people out, with articles, blog posts, one on one, etc...

every time, it has turned out for the best in the long run. these people sign up to my email lists, check out products that I do recommend, and (probably the most important) tell others about me, which brings even more people to my site. the massive value that you provide is the best viral strategy that you can create. If you help people so much up front, they will tell others about you, and you will get the sales.

Often, I will give away complete strategies on how to do things, and make sales on the products to help them do it. For example, on my woodworking site, I give out complete plans, detailed instructions on how to do different things, and even a few videos from my own woodshop. On the affilaite end, I promote a few guides and blueprints, but a lot of the tools that I am using in my own shop as well. I make more off the tools (even with lower amazon commissions) than I do off the clickbank products, but I make sales of all of them.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

jcdean
Trust:
I started a site for the get your ex back niche and got stuck right off the bat.

I bought the e book I was planing to promote "The Magic of Making Up"

I realized that the key points of the book could be boiled down to a few blog post.

I couldn't write 10 to 20 article with out giving up the big secret so I scraped the idea and Moved on.

I guess my suggestion is find a niche where it takes more than a just little bit of advice to solve the problem.
Respect,
JC Dean

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
That particular book is not a great example. I have a site in the niche, and there are a lot of products that are actually better than that one, it just seems to have the biggest marketing push in the niche.

also, think outside the box, and identify specific problems people in the niche have. in the get your ex back niche, one problem people face is the blow to their self esteem a breakup causes, so self esteem products are good.

Mark has a great product in the get your ex back/save relationships niche which is over 150 pages (compared to magic of making ups 60 pages) and it is loaded with valuable advice that you can share on a site without giving it all away.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Also, I was thinking you could use stuff from multiple sources and promote several different books. (After all, we have quite a few to choose from, whether you are doing AB or AJP).

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

michael025
Trust:
Hi Nothsa,

Take tips from everyone who posted above....these are all great and insightful inputs.....my take would be to combine a little bit of your option 1 and your option 2....get your writer to provide value by providing enough insights to solve the problem....but then, you add a little teaser such as perhaps..."to completely remove man boobs in the shortest possible time and with the least effort you can click here(add your affiliate link)....the idea here is to give your viewers valid solutions, but telling them that if they buy from you, you can offer an even better answer....

Hope that helps : )

This topic was started on Dec 05, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.