Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

What type of file do I want my logo headers to be?

PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:

What type of file do I want my logo headers to be?

I am having a logo/header designed by Elance. The write(one of the ones bidding) says "I will provide standard formats, such as .SWF, .JPG, .GIF and .PSD if needed. –" Which do I want? All of them? I know about jpg and gif but I have no idea about the others.I want to use the logo also on newsletters and so forth.thanks,Bill
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
if they don't charge any extra for the .psd, ask for that too. They shouldn't as that is what they will use to create the .jpg and .gif.

A .psd file is an adobe photoshop file, complete with layers (different images and text are placed on different layers so that they can be moved around and edited without affecting the other objects on the image canvas in photoshop).

If you have the .psd file it means that other graphic designers can edit the image in future.

The .swf file is a Flash file, meaning that it will probably have some sort of animation going on. You probably don't need that. It is an unnecessary complication for you.

Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
thanks for replying so fast.I just watched the videos on articles via elance and I am very excited. I am so impressed with what you are doing for us.I have had several "coaches" you might say but no one walked us through it like you have.I'll show you the results when I can.Bill
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
the more I look at your videos,the more I think I should have the elance project include a logo and a web template that I can use for an adsense site.Is this the right way to do it? Should I revise the project to ask for a template within which I can place my google ads and looks nice,like your dog obedience site or others? How will this work with xsite pro? Can I upload a custom template to use? thanks,the project is up for bids right now.