Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Site developement and uploading? Good programs/software?

emmittryan
Trust:

Site developement and uploading? Good programs/software?

Hello again everyone. I have been through four subjects, and three different website starts. I have a blog link to set up, I have a blog to set up, I have a logo problem, a content issue, a lack of back links, front links, and what the hell is "lorum ipsum dolar"??? Look at all of the stuff I'm learning, yeah...anyhow here is the domain I have settled with

http://www.accessgovernmentauctions.com

The thing is, should I have it up at all, I have it there now just for development purposes. Does anyone here have a membership in PLR? I am thinking about that because the content is gonna be a lot of work, and they seem to offer a decent solution. Does anyone one here understand RSS feed as a way of getting updated content on your pages? How can I use Dreamweaver to do that with php and/or XML?

One last thing, Am I looking at about 90 days or longer before I start to build my community online? By that I mean, am I gonna see some money, or by the time I get this thing up, is there gonna be some other school of learning to contend with before I get there. I am not in any way distracted from my present course, as webdesign is what I wanna do from now on. But if by learning to design one website completely is not gonna be enough, how many web communities can a person reasonably expect to administrate when he reaches your level of development? You guys do indeed do this at your homes, or else at your own offices, correct? Thank you for your support, Shane.

Oh yeah, I forgot. I also have to set up a forum too. See, I am learning some new stuff. Later bub.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
emmittryan wrote:and what the hell is "lorum ipsum dolar"???

hahah.... You must have a template I am guessing and that is filler text used worldwide.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Does anyone here have a membership in PLR?

No but I plan too. I would highly consider re-writing the articles. See my signature link if you plan to use the PLR on your site. Also can use for article marketing.

Does anyone one here understand RSS feed as a way of getting updated content on your pages? How can I use Dreamweaver to do that with php and/or XML?

Yes. I have a feed that updates itself all day long in plain HTML text. Yes that's right. The spiders read it as TEXT. It is using PHP which converts the feed into simple text. I use a Google news feed and use Carp free to display it. Works beautifully.

Am I looking at about 90 days or longer before I start to build my community online?

Do you mean a forum or cash? Expect to make a quality site which will take you over 90 days but well worth it. Trust me.

By that I mean, am I gonna see some money, or by the time I get this thing up, is there gonna be some other school of learning to contend with before I get there?

You may see some sales sure. Hard work pays off in the end. As for a whole new learning curve. Highly unlikely. Built a good site, get good links, organize well and you are good to go.

But if by learning to design one website completely is not gonna be enough, how many web communities can a person reasonably expect to administrate when he reaches your level of development?

I do one now..... it is a lot harder to build a lot of sites at once. Managing them once they are all up? I could probably do about ten easily.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
hiro
Trust:
Adrian,

adrian wrote:
Yes. I have a feed that updates itself all day long in plain HTML text. Yes that's right. The spiders read it as TEXT. It is using PHP which converts the feed into simple text. I use a Google news feed and use Carp free to display it. Works beautifully.

I bumped into a RSS marketing today in a Japanese website.
I knew about RSS but I still do not know how it works as a website.

Carp free is downloaded into my computre now and later I will set it up.

So, a website made by rss is not seen as a duplcate?

If it is possible for you to share your website made by carp free with us, that will help us a lot.

Thanks,

Hiro
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Hi Hiro,

I won't share my website but I will show you how to use Carp on your site. I am off to school now and will be back later. I will post then..... no it will not be seen as duplicate content because your site layout is different from others plus tons of other things.
PremiumMember
hiro
Trust:
adrian,

adrian wrote:I won't share my website but I will show you how to use Carp on your site.

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate that!

it will not be seen as duplicate content because your site layout is different from others plus tons of other things.

It is kinda interesting. Now in japanese internet market there are a lot of tools that create web sites using rss. And I was wondering how it works and if it would be seen as duplicate.

Thanks again, adrian.

Cheers,

Hiro
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
hiro wrote:adrian,

adrian wrote:I won't share my website but I will show you how to use Carp on your site.

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate that!

it will not be seen as duplicate content because your site layout is different from others plus tons of other things.

It is kinda interesting. Now in japanese internet market there are a lot of tools that create web sites using rss. And I was wondering how it works and if it would be seen as duplicate.

Thanks again, adrian.

Cheers,

Hiro

To use Carp, you simply download their free tool from the website. Next, you create yourself a MySQL database.... follow the instructions Carp gives you to install the program... and it's really as easy as that... you can choose how many new items you want to display etc... you can grab newsfeeds from Google etc.. to display on your site. Works like a charm.
PremiumMember
hiro
Trust:
Thanks adrian.

I've done that. It is ready to go.

Since I am not very familiar with making a site/s with using rss like carp,
I am kinda stuck.

I may be able to get some feeds together and show them on the same page?

"How" I can use carp efficiently is the problem now.

I have benn researching by "rss marketing" but have not found any luck.

Can you give me some directions please?

hiro
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
What part of the installation are you stuck on?

Have you made a database on your webhost and installed Carp on your server?

The feed part of Carp is the easiest....

Let me know what point of the installation you are on and we can go from there.
PremiumMember
hiro
Trust:
adrian,

thanks for your quick and kind reply. :D

The installation was good. I did it alright. But I just cannot imagine how it creates a website. You wrote,

I have a feed that updates itself all day long in plain HTML text. Yes that's right. The spiders read it as TEXT. It is using PHP which converts the feed into simple text. I use a Google news feed and use Carp free to display it. Works beautifully.

Do you mean your site is all made by carp? Or just some parts of the site?

I am trying to figure out how I can use this effectively. For example, I am working on a dog training website. I am writing articles and I thought I would be cool if this carp thing updated websites automatically.

I am sure that I can get feeds of personal blogs about dog trainings and display them. Do you think it woudl be a good idea?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I can tell you that only part of Adrians site is carp. The rest, I can't really help you with.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:

thanks for your quick and kind reply. :D

The installation was good. I did it alright. But I just cannot imagine how it creates a website. You wrote,

I have a feed that updates itself all day long in plain HTML text. Yes that's right. The spiders read it as TEXT. It is using PHP which converts the feed into simple text. I use a Google news feed and use Carp free to display it. Works beautifully.

Do you mean your site is all made by carp? Or just some parts of the site?

I am trying to figure out how I can use this effectively. For example, I am working on a dog training website. I am writing articles and I thought I would be cool if this carp thing updated websites automatically.

I am sure that I can get feeds of personal blogs about dog trainings and display them. Do you think it woudl be a good idea?

I use it on some pages that I want just to update a few lines... make it seem new... I didn't use it to create my website.... that's lazy :) I wrote out my entire site, then use Carp where I want pages to update... it's all you need.
PremiumMember
hiro
Trust:
adrian,

thanks for your reply.

that's lazy

yeah, that's what I thought :)

I've been working on its config and it is looking good actually.
So I've started creating a layout of this website.

How do you present your feed? Do you just paste a carp php at the end of an article? Or do you introduce the feed something like "here, you can find more about such and such".

I know this is really trivial thing but I just wanted to hear an expert's oppinion.

thanks

hiro
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:

thanks for your reply.

that's lazy

yeah, that's what I thought :)

I've been working on its config and it is looking good actually.
So I've started creating a layout of this website.

How do you present your feed? Do you just paste a carp php at the end of an article? Or do you introduce the feed something like "here, you can find more about such and such".

I know this is really trivial thing but I just wanted to hear an expert's oppinion.

thanks

hiro

Hi Hiro,

You can place it wherever you feel it looks best. For me, that is normally near the end of the page, but anywhere works :)
PremiumMember
hiro
Trust:
Sean 06,

Thanks for your message. I did not realise until now. Sorry mate.

adrian,

Thanks for your advice. I really appreciate your help.

Out of curiosity, I am sorry for asking you a lot of questions, you write the content of your websites by yourself? If so, how many sites did you make? I am asking you because I want to motivate myself. I am writing all the article by myself and kinda getting tired.

Cheers,

Hiro
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
hiro wrote:Sean 06,

Thanks for your message. I did not realise until now. Sorry mate.

adrian,

Thanks for your advice. I really appreciate your help.

Out of curiosity, I am sorry for asking you a lot of questions, you write the content of your websites by yourself? If so, how many sites did you make? I am asking you because I want to motivate myself. I am writing all the article by myself and kinda getting tired.

Cheers,

Hiro

My sites range from 30 - 150 pages.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Hiro, what exactly are you sorry about?
www.SixDayWeekend.com

superaff
Trust:
I write most of my articles myself. It's easy on the Internet, even if you don't know the topic.

Just carry out a little research (week 2 of the Roadmap), and you know enough.

However, it does take times, and I plan to outsource in a near future.
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

PremiumMember
hiro
Trust:
adrian,

My sites range from 30 - 150 pages.

wow, 150 pages. That is a lot. It is not a blog right?
You've motivated me a lot, adrian. Thanks.

Sean,

what exactly are you sorry about?

about a lot of questions. We are here to learn so I might not have to feel sorry. I just felt sorry for adrian having to answer my basic questions.
I wanted to show how I felt. Sorry, mate :wink:

Superaff,
I write most of my articles myself. It's easy on the Internet, even if you don't know the topic.

Just carry out a little research (week 2 of the Roadmap), and you know enough.

However, it does take times, and I plan to outsource in a near future.

I am doing the same too. the Roadmap helps a lot does't it! Outsourcing sounds a way to go but I will have to see how well I can do without that.

adrian, sean and superaff,

how many websites and blogs do you guys have?
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
hiro wrote:adrian, sean and superaff,

how many websites and blogs do you guys have?

I have a few right now. Many more to come.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Hiro, don't ever feel sorry for asking "too many" questions. Ask as many as you need to.

That's why I'm in here everyday.
www.SixDayWeekend.com