Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Should I break my "All-in-1" website into 3 separate sites?

davmontrose
Trust:

Should I break my "All-in-1" website into 3 separate sites?

Hi guys Davin here, I think I built myself into a corner. You see I had started my site before I joined Affilorama. The site is based around my offline business of running a PC Tech Shop, I operate out of my house but I guess that's besides the point.

See so my first thoughts were, I'd make the site an "All-in-One" shop. Seemed logical at the time. So from the site I offer not only my tech services locally, but also resources for buying computers, affiliate marketing training and website creation.

So I'm looking at the site today because I'm going to publish Wednesday, and I do think I've done a pretty good job of my onpage optimization.
Havin just finished reading Charles Heflin's The Plan, I thought $#^#, I just built 3 sites in one. And even though the pages may be optimized alright, because of the basically "All in Oneness", the search engines won't have a freakin clue how to read it for any particular certain theme????

Does this make sense. I think I'm on the right track. So hear is my thought. I'll just break the site up into 3 different sites one being on PC Repair and sell computers etc. from that site, one on Affiliate resources, and one on Website Creation. I can change the header graphics and all that without to much of a hitch, and some of the overall look to make them different.

Then I figure i can get all 3 of them indexing while I continue to add content, since obviously it's less now, because they are split into three.

What do you guys think, make sense? Any advice be appreciated, Thanx Davin
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
davinator wrote:... I'll just break the site up into 3 different sites one being on PC Repair and sell computers etc. from that site, one on Affiliate resources, and one on Website Creation. I can change the header graphics and all that without to much of a hitch, and some of the overall look to make them different.

Then I figure i can get all 3 of them indexing while I continue to add content, since obviously it's less now, because they are split into three.

What do you guys think, make sense? Any advice be appreciated, Thanx Davin

Hi Davin,

Yeah, I think it sounds like you have a plan there. Personally what I would do, to avoid distractions, is pick one of the three and run with it. Get that one up and making money and then duplicate your promotion process with the other two.

pc
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Yes.... 3.

Adrian,
alvin
Trust:
Davin,

I like PC's advice, go with 1 and focus on it and what you earn (and learn) from it, you can use for the other 2.

If its your first site(s), its going to be really tough handling 3 at one go!

Furthermore, once that one site is indexed and ranked, it'll help the other 2 perform better when you link to it later.

Publish the best of the 3 and improve on the other 2 I say...

@
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Definitely split them into 3 sites, but I don't recommend working on them all at once, unless you are a machine :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Remember that the age of a site comes into play with your search engine rankings, so if you're building three different sites then at least have some sort of placeholder site up for each, with a "bridge" from another indexed site so that the search engine spiders can find you.

There's no reason why you can't be working on three sites at once, provided you know what you're doing and you've got enough time. But by the sounds of it this is a project in addition to your usual work week, so take it easy. Spreading yourself too thin will mean that it takes a long time to see good results, and you might get discouraged. Also remember that if there's anything more painful than making a mistake once, it's making it three times!
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

davmontrose
Trust:
Well thanks for replying guys and giving me your input. That means a lot to me.

I think what I'm going to do is outsource the indexing of my first site , to the same company that Charles suggests in his teachings in The Plan. As he states it should be performed naturally and over time, by people who know how to do it properly manually.

I have set the site up as a silo based site (jeez,how can you tell I'm completely Affilorama'd and Charles Heflin'd up here? hahahah,) and will gradually build it, and keep adding more content.

As for the other two, I will get them ready to go, as well, but will take Mark's advice, and slow down a bit. Could you elaborate on this "bridge" thing a bit Mark. Are you just talking about making sure that my first site is fully indexed so I can link to the other two? I'm a little confused by that statement. Anyways, thanks for everything, all of you, and hope to talk with you soon.

Davin
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I just mean that you should try to get your other two sites indexed by the search engines as early as possible, even if there's nothing much really going on there yet. This is so that when you ARE ready to launch your sites you don't get hit by the Google sandbox effect. Getting indexed is usually as easy as getting a link from another site that's already indexed so the spider can actually find your site. Like a "bridge" :)

So yes, if you can get your one site indexed then you can just link to your other two from there.

Regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
To expand upon what Mark is saying.....

Once your site has aged for a while thus being indexed - it is alot easier for you rank for the keywords of your choice because your site has been given time to age properly.

Adrian,