Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How do I link my blog from my site?

PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:

How do I link my blog from my site?

I have a blog now,I uploaded it to my server,but how do I link to it from my site? a simple text link in the nav bar? surely there is a better way?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Im not quite sure what you mean. Whats wrong with just putting a text link on your site to the blog?
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
I guess I do not understand the process very well.Why ,if it is hosted elsewhere anyway,do you upload it to your cpanel if it is not then "on" your site? I don't get it.I added a text link below the nav bar.
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Hi Revimp,

There is so much I don't understand in this business but I've learned that if it's works, just roll with it. :)

I took a look at your site and might suggest that if you want to to match your other nav links, add a bullet to your blog link. To do this add this code before the word blog in your link: •

so you go from this:<STRONG>Blog</STRONG> to
this:<STRONG>&bull; Blog</STRONG>

you have to do this in the "source view" in XSP.

PC
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
thanks,you msut have read my mind. I was wondering how to do that. I forgot to ask.thanks for bringing it to my attention.No way to eliminate the underline I suppose since it is a link?
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
well you could remove the underline in the link but the only way I know how to do that is in the style sheet and in XSP changing the style sheet gets complicated.

The easy thing to do to match all your nav links would be to add an underline to all your XSP navagation bar links to match your blog link. You can do that simply by going to OTHER>NAVAGATION BAR and selecting the options for underlines. People expect links to be underlined anyway right?

Looking Good :D
pc
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I also think having a link underlined can't hurt. People expect links to be blue and underlined, if you make them a different colour or something, then some people aren't going to click on them.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

alvin
Trust:
Hey revimp,

To improve your search engine ranking, why not name your blog after your niche instead of just 'blog'. Perhaps like "Guitar Tips Blog"?

@