Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Dropshipping with Aliexpress

yaroslav1
Trust:

Dropshipping with Aliexpress

Finally, I have developed my first AliExpress dropshipping store - worldofharry.com and want to share some experience with you.

The site uses unique theme and plugin developed from scratch. There is a possibility to search and import products directly from AliExpress through your WP admin panel automatically.

I have studied the experience of some successful AliExpress dropshippers and decided to take a narrow niche that I think will be easier to promote.

I made a research and selected the most popular products in this niche with the wholesale price not more than $20 and with worldwide free shipping option only. Then I increased prices on my site at about twice the standard cost.

Another feature of this site is that the plugin imports only products that participate in AliExpress affiliate program. So, if I get any order I will be able to purchase necessary item on AliExpress using my affiliate link to get additional 5%-50% commission.

I am going to start promoting the site soon; however some improvements are still needed.

It would be great if you could review my site, give some recommendations, ideas, share your experience or just wish me Good luck!
yaroslav1
Trust:
While putting the finishing touches and preparing my site for the market, I would like to share with you my experince and recommendations regarding choosing a niche for such websites.

How to find a good niche for AliExpress drop shipping store?

1. Popularity and Trend.

Choosing a niche for your drop shipping website you should focus only on products that are always in demand and have positive or at least stable trend.

Go to https://www.google.ru/trends to get better idea about selected niche. For example, we are going to build a store that will sell ‘Harry Potter’ products for Harry Potter fans.

We can observe a small decrease since 2004 but the overall picture looks good, there are no dramatic falls and the trend is rather stable. So, Harry Potter niche seems interesting to me for a drop shipping site.

Or let’s take ‘GoPro accessories’ as an example:

Here we see the trend that is increasing year by year starting from 2011. This is a good niche to be taken and tried.

Below you see the niche (‘Nokia’) that is not worth trying:

2. Competition.

It is impossible to find any popular niche with a good trend without competition of course. Before launching your drop shipping store it is strongly recommended to search for similar web stores in the Internet. If you find many good sites offering the same products (especially by good prices), probably you should think about another niche and products, which are generally more hard to find. Obviously, there is no point to create another usual “Shoes”, “Car parts”, “Gardening” stores. It’s better to take some narrow niche and try to be creative.

3. AliExpress Stock.

Before starting building your web store, make sure there are enough categories and products available in the niche. Go to AliExpress.com and enter necessary keywords in search bar. In my case with ‘Harry Potter’ everything looks fine.

4. Prices.

Generally, AliExpress offers very competitive (often unbeatable) prices for many products. However, I would always recommend making a small research about the products’ prices you are going to sell on your site. Ideally, AliExpress prices should be twice lower the prices of your competitors.

You should pick at least 5-10 products in the selected niche and find best prices for these items on AliExpress. Then go to http://search.aol.com, enter shopping section and search for the same products in order to compare their prices with prices at AliExpress.

Let’s take an example.

I found such Harry Potter Scarf on AliExpress for $9,05/piece.

Then I went to http://search.aol.com and found the same item sold by other sellers.

As you can see the prices are much higher. In my opinion, it’s a good item that is worth adding to my store.

to be continued...
phonitek13
Trust:
Please guys,
my website is www.treblerose.com
I want to add an e-commerce strore to it but i don't know how to go about it.
I also like the dropshipping idea, but still need more information on it.
Can you review my site and see what improvements i can make and how i can get on the affilliates band wargon?
yaroslav1
Trust:
AliDropship Plugin is finally released. Enjoy!

http://alidropship.com/

This topic was started on Jul 28, 2015 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.