Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Does the web address really matter

linconian
Trust:

Does the web address really matter

Hi
I'm going to build an Amazon Affiliate site on Woodpress. I've bought the theme (Kingdom) and several plugins from Codecanyon, but I can't seem to settle on a name for the site.

As its going to be a multiple product site and not just one particular product, I don't think the sites name is going to make much difference to the way people find the site as they will be searching for a product inside the site and not for me personally or my site.

Not sure what to do here and hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot.

Michael
Last edited by linconian on 27 Dec 16 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael

chicagoboks
Trust:
Hey!

Some careful thought should be taken by choosing a domain name on your website. To be positive, you'd probably not decide to make use of a non specific title for your own web site, even without understanding the science behind that, but it is more important than companies recognize. An effective domainname must be focused, straightforward, obvious, and intuitively relevant for your business.

Happy operating :)
linconian
Trust:
Hi
As its a multi niche site, something like householdsupplies.com would sound OK as most of the products found on Amazon are connected to the household in some way.

You see this is one of the reasons I find it hard to come up with a suitable domain name. If I was selling one niche, say fishing tackle, then it would be much simpler to come up with something like hooklineandsinker.com, focused, straightforward, obvious, and intuitively relevant.

I'll keep brainstorming until I come up with something that does't look to out of place.

Manks.
Michael

pvp
Trust:
Short answer, it does not matter what your domain name is. Exact match domains help in the short term, but its not the advantage it once was. More important is branding and choosing something people will remember easily.

I've seen sites with names that have no definition, rank in many different niches. For example (I'm making this up, no idea if it exists) Greebu.com - Can you tell me what it would be about? It could be about *anything* and it could rank #1 in any search engine.

Choose something that you can brand. If it has a relevant keyword, that's great - but absolutely not necessary.

Best regards :)
kallayprasanth05
Trust:
An often used keyword may be used as the domain name or the site name, for example, 'all of your needs' if you are selling multi-products on your site. Thus you will have a good chance of a swarm of visitors on your site.
changelife
Trust:
Thanks for a big decision to start
To build your business successfully you need the following
1 Get your personal domain because you need to brand your self because
people join people not companies,brand your self
2 Join an Autoresponder this will help you automate,communicate,make a follow- easier ,even knowing where your website visitors come from.
3 Create a sales funnel connected to your Autoresponder where you
will generate traffic from Social Media like Facebook,Twitter,Linkedin.
This will help you become your own traffic source.
4 Create a web-content where prospects will find you online to know
more about you and your product
5 Generate free and paid traffic to your sales funnel to make sales and earn big in this industry
If you're Sick and Tired of X,Y,Y.Here is the one secret product that totally transformed my career in M L M! http://steps2earnmoneyonline.com

nearestirslawyer
Trust:
No matter what is your domain, The matter is your keyword name. If you lunched your Amazon affiliate business then you chose your product name in your keyword and if you chose your domain name by your product name then its good for your business.
cecille.l
Trust:
The domain name matters because this is part of your branding for the entire website. Take Affilorama.com for example. It does not spell our affiliate marketing (although it is close to it), but the name of the site itself drives the brand.

Are the niches you're going into similar or related to one big niche? Try looking at it from that angle; see what the niches have in common and take it from there. Like if you're going to be selling kids clothing, accessories and also fertility programs and parenting eBooks, then you can have domain name like allboutkids.com

Hope that helps. All the best!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

antwerp203
Trust:
It does matter as you have to make sure the address will somehow reflect the niche you're in. Aside from that, you also have to make sure that the contents of the site will conicide with the address as this will be the first one that the visitors will read, so at least make sure that it will give them an idea of what you're site is all about...
Get to know more on how to effectively earn money through affiliate marketing here:

http://bit.ly/2EPitwC

aixainhumza
Trust:
I don’t think it means a lot, but still it has some impact initially. If you have already reached to the hearts and requirements of people then it is really not matter if we have this or that web address. But, as I said for early parts, it is better to have attractive web site.
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
These articles will help if you in choosing domain name for your site:

How Do I Choose a Domain Name?
Finding and Registering a Domain Name
How to find a domain name using Affilotools
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

This topic was started on Dec 27, 2016 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.