Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Creating a mandatory login for a website page

nessa2shoes
Trust:

Creating a mandatory login for a website page

Hi all - was wondering if anyone can give me their insight on this. I have a website with the Affilorama "design it yourself on-line" Go-Daddy package, so it's fairly basic at this stage.

I want to have one page on my website which is available only to those who have registered for access. (I'm providing business document templates) In order to gain access, the user would type in a login name and/or password to gain access to the page.

This is in order to build up a customer base for further e-mail marketing and to make the most of the unique content I've built up on the site.

Is there an add-on tool out there somewhere that I can embed into my web page, that somehow e-mails me and/or starts to build up an Access d'base when someone registers on the site? I'm assuming it would also need to include script for a registration form on my home page.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Regards, Ness
davmontrose
Trust:
Hi Ness, there are two that I'm currently implementing into my own site. The first one is MySqueezePage, from Matthew Glanfield, and is more for the purpose of article marketing, as it doesn't popup when your site is opened, but you can have your articles refer back to this optin page first before taking them to your site, after you get the optin. You can find that at http://www.yoursqueezepage.com/?ref=7264 , and you do get 2 for free to do what you want with. Sorry shouldn't be including that affiliate link in there but for some reason TinyURL isn't working for it. Anyways the second on is Magic Subscriber which is a popup that opens up when your homepage is accessed, this works quite well, and they call it the unstoppable popup simply because most popup blockers can't block it :D .
You can find this free at many places on the net. If you have any problems finding it just email me at [email protected] and I would be happy to send the program to you Cheers Davin
nessa2shoes
Trust:
Thanks so much Davin! I'm going to check out both of those resources, and will post again with a result!

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply - you've been a great help.

Regards, Ness
alvin
Trust:
Hi Ness,

You could also go for a much simpler method. First, sign up for a good autoresponder service like Aweber and generate a sign-up form. You can then set where the page goes to after their signup.

Place the sign up form on your webpage and when they susbcribe, you get their email address and they are redirected to the page with the downloads.

This is a very common "squeeze page" method, but still effective to achieve what you've described.

Installing a full membership system can be quite a task if you're not technically savvy.

Rgds,
@