Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Best software - Dreamweaver? XSitePro? Orwell Pro? David W.?

PremiumMember
4ubest
Trust:

Best software - Dreamweaver? XSitePro? Orwell Pro? David W.?

Hi,

I have under $200 to spend on a tool to help my WWW site/Adsense promotions.

I currently own DreamWeaver and I was looking for a tool to give me the
maximum benefit so I am trying to decide between:

XsitePro $200 ??
Orwell Pro $127 price rising soon
David Watsons Article Software that integrates csv or xls data $137

Which would your choice be and why ?

Thank you,

Peakperformance Ken

Remove ALL Credit Card Debt in 6-9 Months with 19 Yr Old Company
http://cmyhero.com/usa1.htm
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
If you already own dreamweaver, I wouldnt bother about XSitePro aswell, Ive never used it, but if they do the same thing, why bother?

I dont know about either of those two products either, but have you considered getting some articles written or doing something else that will clear up time for yourself?
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
4ubest
Trust:
that Dreamweaver does the same as the other tools , Dreamweaver has the ability to make WWW pages but all you end up with is a page that is not optimized.

Thank you,

Peakperformance Ken
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
4ubest wrote:that Dreamweaver does the same as the other tools , Dreamweaver has the ability to make WWW pages but all you end up with is a page that is not optimized.

Thank you,

Peakperformance Ken

There is no perfect optimization tool. To optimize in dreamweaver only takes about 5 minutes per page. Bolding words, adding H1 etc... Dreamweaver is by far well above and beyond xsitepro. I would not get Xsitepro if you already have dreamweaver.

Adrian
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
What exactly do you want to accomplish this extra software. What is going to do that you already do/ don't do?

Adrian,
PremiumMember
4ubest
Trust:
that would be relevant to my topics but also incorporate RSS feeds and Adsense that I currently am doing manually.

Orwell Pro will export directly to Wordpress and XSP and it also has usage statistics.

I would be willing to generate my own thesaurus that David Watson's software seems to require as it would be for the most part centered around fields of study that I am familiar with now.

The DW version that I have is from 2000 Ver 3 and are you saying that has all I need ?

Thank you

Peakperformance Ken
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
In all honesty, you don't need ANY software to build web pages. All these various programs do is make things a little easier by saving you time or performing functions / adding scripts / automating processes that you might not know how to do already.

Dreamweaver won't have these things built into the software because it's not software specifically designed for internet marketers like some of these other programs you mention. But if you know what you want then you'll probably be able to find the code / script / service on the internet. Believe me, there's always a free way to do these things. It just comes down to whether you want to put in the time and effort to find it and learn how to use it.

For instance, you're perfectly capable of SEOing your own site. You don't need any software to do it. I'd watch the SEO videos in the Affilorama members area, use Traffic Travis to analyze my page, and then go in and tweak everything that needs tweaking either by hand-editing my HTML or having a close look in Dreamweaver.

But that takes time, and a bit of knowledge. The benefit of the software is that you can do it fast without learning anything new. Maybe that's what you want, but it means you'll always be reliant on software.

My two cents.

- Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
4ubest
Trust:
someone to fish. My quandry is whether the automated tools will
generate income faster than me trying to do it manually (especially with the OswellPro type functions) but I have secured a free version of that and it is very good as well. It simply does not export to anything other than HTML or text but that is fine for me right now.

David Watson's tool I thought would be a great advantage especially if I built my own thesaurus but I am watching the SEO videos you have now per your suggestion and I will see what happens.

Thank you,

Peakperformance Ken
PremiumMember
4ubest
Trust:
just seeing the videos and reading the text in them as my screen resolution is 1280x1024. I have gotten qute a sore set of eyes trying to follow much of the videos and am wondering if there is any zoom tool that would allow me to enlarge ALL aspects of each screen as my eyes cannot take this beating much longer and I really did not want to lose the screen realestate that I do with 1024x768

Thank you,

Peakperformance Ken
PremiumMember
nguyen
Trust:
About XSitePro....

If you're used to using dreamweaver, switching to XSitePro maybe frustrating unless you're willing to sacrifice control over layout and source code tweaking.

While XsitePro has lots of great features geared toward Internet marketers looking to build and optimize sites fairly quickly and easily, it does have limiting factors that not-so newbie web designers would want to get rid of or improved.

From MY OWN experience, the layout and source code is a pain in the dernier to work with. What you see is what you get (WYSIWYG) isn't at all like that at times. If you just use the preloaded templates and leave all layout settings at default then maybe you won't have any problems.

However, even then I still have problems when changing fonts (face, type, size, color) from the graphical interface. Sometimes it changes in the WYSIWYG editor and sometimes it doesn't.

So guess what I have to do?

Yep, go into the source code to manually tweak it. And it's a nightmare in there with everything bunched up together! No used to white space and color coding at all.

You could say that looks doesn't matter if you're making money, right? Hehe...then there's no point in formatting anything if looks doesn't matter.

Anyway, this is just a minor thing, but it frustrate the heck outta me that I spend more time fixing what XsitePro can't do right.

I'm pretty sure this is a simple thing to improve or correct on the programming side. I've emailed their support about it but I never received a response. Hey, maybe I'm the only one with this problem.

Anyway, I'm not sure if they has a fix for this or any other changes since but that was my experience when I used XsitePro. I see lots of great looking sites using XsitePro so maybe I'm the only one with that problem.

Good Luck!

Nguyen
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
nguyen wrote:About XSitePro....

If you're used to using dreamweaver, switching to XSitePro maybe frustrating unless you're willing to sacrifice control over layout and source code tweaking.

While XsitePro has lots of great features geared toward Internet marketers looking to build and optimize sites fairly quickly and easily, it does have limiting factors that not-so newbie web designers would want to get rid of or improved.

From MY OWN experience, the layout and source code is a pain in the dernier to work with. What you see is what you get (WYSIWYG) isn't at all like that at times. If you just use the preloaded templates and leave all layout settings at default then maybe you won't have any problems.

However, even then I still have problems when changing fonts (face, type, size, color) from the graphical interface. Sometimes it changes in the WYSIWYG editor and sometimes it doesn't.

So guess what I have to do?

Yep, go into the source code to manually tweak it. And it's a nightmare in there with everything bunched up together! No used to white space and color coding at all.

You could say that looks doesn't matter if you're making money, right? Hehe...then there's no point in formatting anything if looks doesn't matter.

Anyway, this is just a minor thing, but it frustrate the heck outta me that I spend more time fixing what XsitePro can't do right.

I'm pretty sure this is a simple thing to improve or correct on the programming side. I've emailed their support about it but I never received a response. Hey, maybe I'm the only one with this problem.

Anyway, I'm not sure if they has a fix for this or any other changes since but that was my experience when I used XsitePro. I see lots of great looking sites using XsitePro so maybe I'm the only one with that problem.

Good Luck!

Nguyen

:lol: no you're not the only one frustrated with XSP. I hear great things all the time so I go experiment some more with it only to say "why bother," I can do this by hand with my editor faster...

... but like you Nguyen, I say maybe it's just me :roll: