Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Any advice for a newbie on building an E-book Website?

optimistic
Trust:

Any advice for a newbie on building an E-book Website?

I hope I am not in the wrong place to start this topic, but I am a"newbie" so please give me a break.

I have gone through all of the lessons, twice with a lot of them. There is so much information I have let myself get into "confussion mode"

I have (and please let me know what you think) almost decided that a web site dedicated to e-book sales may be what I want to do. I have done a search on some of the affiliate offers and have found some offer ebooks affiliate sales. Seems like people like information and I know from experience that e-books provide a good source for information. They are realitively cheap, easy to access by download, and can be a wealth of information. I would try to make my site universal. Meaning that I would have ebooks with information from A-Z, excluding Adult or P___.

What I would like to ask from you is advise or help in creating a web site of this type. I am not a web master in any sense. I need to know what mechanics I need to install into the web site to allow, placing the ebooks, uploading the ebooks to customers, accepting Pay for the purchasing, I have Pay Pal account, etc.

As you can tell I am totaly lost when it comes to building websites. All sugestions will be welcome.

Your thought on doing an e-book web site will be accepted also, good or bad.

I have PM'd Mark a couple of times but he is very busy traveling right now, so I won't try to bother him to much.

Thanks in advance for your replies and advise.
PremiumMember
rcubed
Trust:
Hi Optimistic,

I am bit of a noob myself, only having been marketing on-line for about a year now. So far I've been doing affiliate sites promoting merchants in CJ. I've tried promoting eBooks from ClickBank, but have only sold a few.

I think your idea of selling eBooks online is a good one. You're right about them being cheap and easy to access and download. Have you thought about starting out small promoting a few eBooks from CB? I like the fact that they handle the payment processing.

I think starting out with a site that covers A-Z may be a little too ambitious. Maybe just focsuing on a single eBook using a landing page with an opt-in like Mark showed in the videos (RocketSpanish) might be a good starting point.

I'm certainly not an expert in this area since I'm still trying to get a profitable campaign selling eBooks off the ground.

Good luck,
Rich
optimistic
Trust:
Thanks "rcubed" for your reply to my PM. Now I have another question that is really going to show my ignorance. Hopefully I am not the only one that needs to know this.

You stated in your reply the following:
"I think having your own domain related to the keywords of the eBook you're promoting is the best way to go. You can start out by just redirecting from a page on your domain to the vendor's sales page and then eventually create your own landing page to presell the eBook. "

Question: When you say Domain, are you speaking of a web site or just a registered domain name that I would use to promote the products.

Okay everyone else stop laughing. I was always told never to be afraid of asking when in doubt. LOL!!!!

Thanks again for your reply.
PremiumMember
tino
Trust:
optimistic wrote:"I think having your own domain related to the keywords of the eBook you're promoting is the best way to go. You can start out by just redirecting from a page on your domain to the vendor's sales page and then eventually create your own landing page to presell the eBook. "

Question: When you say Domain, are you speaking of a web site or just a registered domain name that I would use to promote the products.

He means choose a domain name that is related to your product and maybe has some of the keywords in it.

For example if the merchant product is called "RocketSpanish" your domain name could be something like "www.learnSpanishFast.com.

Then when he said redirect from a page on your domain to the vendors sales page...this means that it would be your domain name/link in the pay-per-click (PPC) ad, but when they click your ad they would go through your page then immediately be redirected to the merchants sales page. They wouldn't actually see your page because they are only there for a fraction of a second.

No question is stupid, we all have something to learn. :)

John T
optimistic
Trust:
Thanks Tino,

I got it now. You guys are great. If you will bare with me I learn really fast. Maybe I can return the favor soon.

I joined affilorama because of the great leadership in Mark and I am now beginning to realize that all of you are great leaders.

Hope to see us all in profit soon.

Thanks and have a geat 4th of July Holiday.
PremiumMember
rcubed
Trust:
Hi Optimistic,

One thing I might add is to review the videos on PPC advertising if you don't have much experience with this. This is probably one of the more difficult concepts for new marketers to master. I'm still taking my lumps with it, but it's the single best way to get targeted visitors to your site in a hurry.

I'm not sure if you're in the US, but either way, have a great July 4th holiday as well.

Rich
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Optimistic and RCubed, just letting you know I've read your posts and I strongly recommend that you start with affiliate marketing before making your own product.

It is an easier way to get started, you get to learn how to market properly first, before worrying about the other hassles of product development, getting a great sales page, customer support, setting up pay and affiliate systems and so forth. Not to mention it's the same way that most millionaire internet marketers, including myself, got started.

I am in India at the moment, and will be home on the 9th, it will take me about a week to get a few of my new videos online. I am aiming to have them all online by the 24th. Touch wood.

I can see a strong strong need for the roadmaps and mind set lessons especially.

Rcubed you are right about ppc's being the fasted way to getting a return on your investment. I'd like to add that 1 page review sites are the best quick site to bang up to start getting a return on investment from pay per clicks. Squeeze pages don't work as well in the short term, if that's what you are interested in, they are more a long term strategy because you can keep selling you your subscribers over and over again.

So if you have the money for google adsense, I strongly recommend that you choose a few products to promote, and then build review sites around them. Suggested topics that I know work well are: model trains, baby sign language, and anti-spyware and there are hundreds of others. See the Affilorama.com affiliate program directory, there are tens of thousands to choose from.

I'm in India right now (on my way home from England), I'll be home on the 9th, and be back at work recording new lessons on the 10th.

There is also a very very exciting addition to traffic travis that is underway and will be online in the next few weeks also. Stay tuned! This will help PPC users no end.

All the best,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

optimistic
Trust:
Hello Mark and thanks for your response to our (myself and rcubed) discussion.

I was pretty much sold on trying an e-book compaign, but am also strongly looking at the other affiliate programs also. I am going to try to promote the affiliate with the Google Adword promotion first without a web site so hopefully I can get started making a few dollars.

I am going to look into the review site soon. Thanks for the tips.

Happy traveling.
clifftan
Trust:
One thing I might add is to review the videos on PPC advertising if you don't have much experience with this. This is probably one of the more difficult concepts for new marketers to master.

I have not much experience working with google ppc and found it frustrating when I launch the adword campaign, getting 900 impressions, but only 3 clicks. I guess this is probably my biggest challenge that I have to overcome if I decide to see use PPC instead of SEO.

Mark: Is it possible to expand the tutorial on PPC using google which I believe this will be the biggest challenge for most of us as well, especially the motivated beginners. For example showing us a real live campaign which includes something like, 1. the avg number of keywords to start a google ppc campaign, 2. how to sort keywords the right way, 3. which keywords are bad and discard, 4. which ones are gem and should increase bid if need to. 5. minimum bid, max bid from your point of view...etc

I guess it will be so much better for me to keep learning from you than keep forking out money to buy more extra ebooks and courses for certain topics. Someone was telling me about "google cash" or "Definitive Guide to Google adwords" by Perry Marshall that they are very good for ppc marketers. However I have limited budget and will need to spend on advertising and hosting instead.

Alternative you may wish to consider adding the above two books to our affilorama library, not sure how if that is possible, also knowing that you have gazillion of things on your plate as well...

Thanks!

(PS: I am very impressed with the video interview you had with Brett Mcfall and Tom Hua. Many will do a teleseminar in mp3...and I've learn so much)

Thanks in advance.

rgds,
Clifford
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
clifftan wrote:I guess it will be so much better for me to keep learning from you than keep forking out money to buy more extra ebooks and courses for certain topics. Someone was telling me about "google cash" or "Definitive Guide to Google adwords" by Perry Marshall that they are very good for ppc marketers. However I have limited budget and will need to spend on advertising and hosting instead.

Alternative you may wish to consider adding the above two books to our affilorama library, not sure how if that is possible, also knowing that you have gazillion of things on your plate as well...

I've read both of these books, but Marks videos on Adwords should be enough for you to do well. I just watched a video before and picked up a couple of little tricks.

Perrys book is good, but theres nothing in there that you won't learn here.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world