Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Affiliate links - changing web addresses and hiding links?

grahamschuab
Trust:

Affiliate links - changing web addresses and hiding links?

Hi,

I'm stressed out to bits, my head feels like a burst couch........

Ive successfully hit a wall and cant get over it.......

I kinda need sum help on this topic, I want to start hiding my affiliate links.

I am trying to get to grips with buying new names and hosting them as my chosen web address [www.mysite.com]

Eg http://xxxxx.xxxxx.hop.clickbank.net/
i want my new link to turn out like this http://mysite.com

But, to be honest i am a bit clueless in field, I know how to buy domains but haven't got a clue how to host, redirect, cloak...

Has anybody got any sound advice they could offer me :idea:

Regards,
Graham
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Can you be a little more specific please? Do you want to show www.mysite.com as the URL for an adwords ad or do you want to mask your affiliate link from a website already established? For the latter, you can accomplish this by a javascript mouseover effect. Let me know.

Adrian,
wendy
Trust:
As Adrian said, you can use a javascript script to mask the URL.

I, personally, use a PHP script that I can pass along to you if you'd like. It's very easy to use. You just need to do some cutting and pasting to get the code working.

The most simple solution is, if you're wanting an entire domain to be forwarded to an affiliate link, you'd go to the Web site where you purchased your domain name and, rather than having it directed to a Web host, you'd set the domain to forward to another URL. In this case, mysite.com would automatically forward to your affiliate link. You can change the link you have the domain name forwarded to any time and as often as you want.

However, when you use forwarding, only the domain can be forwarded. If you created mysite.com/product.htm it would not forward. Only mysite.com would.
davmontrose
Trust:
Here Graham this works well , when typing your links, do it this way[url=yourfullaffiliatelink]what u want it to say i.e www.affilorama.com or you can simply use affilorama.com, with out the www. then end it with[/url] If you look at my Listlotto one on my sig. This is how I accomplished it. I hope this helps.

Or another alternative is using this easy linkcloaker. It's the one I use and I've had no problems www.addme.com/linkcloaker.htm cheers Davin
Last edited by davmontrose on 12 Nov 06 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alvin
Trust:
Hey Graham,

From what I understand, you probably just want a simple redirect from a domain to your CB link.

Here's how you can do it. Make a file called index.php and put the code below :

Replace as necessary.

Save and upload it to your htdocs folder of your website. Remove any other index file if you have any (e.g. index.html).

You can do this for other products and upload various index files into separate folders.

HTH,
@
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
You can also use a permanent 301 redirect or set up domain forwarding from you control panel of your webhost.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yep, if you want www.mysite.com to automatically go to your Clickbank, the easiest way to do it is within your control panel of where you bought the name.

Do you know how to do this?
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

jacie
Trust:
davinator wrote:Here Graham this works well , when typing your links, do it this way[url=yourfullaffiliatelink]what u want it to say i.e www.affilorama.com or you can simply use affilorama.com, with out the www. then end it with[/url] If you look at my Listlotto one on my sig. This is how I accomplished it. I hope this helps.

Or another alternative is using this easy linkcloaker. It's the one I use and I've had no problems www.addme.com/linkcloaker.htm cheers Davin

Hi,

I know this is an ancient thread.. but i just stumbled upon it.. wanna ask: is the linkcloaker still working? cos i tried it but nothing happened.. instead i was brought to www.addme.com with some weird url..

does this mean that i have submitted my information to them?

Thanks!
tom544
Trust:
I also want to share this easy to use link cloaker, http://www.cloaknrotate.com. Very helpful to newbies like me.