Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

1 product or multiple?

PremiumMember
rycore
Trust:

1 product or multiple?

Is the goal to have several niches from one theme, i.e. "self help" and create a web site to feature those products within the same theme? Then build more sites with other niches and drive traffic to those sites, etc. Or do I focus on one niche from a theme or an affiliate opportunity like "how to get a job (book)" and push this one product and build a web page for this single affiliate product? Both?
Site Admin
maryt
Trust:
Hi Rycore,

You are talking about whether to build an authority website (usually defined as a general niche site that features multiple sub niches) VS a niche website (one targeted niche).

The answer to the above is it depends on your preference. You can start with an authority website or you may build a niche website if this is what you like.

However, what we advise to newbies is to build a targeted niche site since it is less overwhelming to start and manage a website this way.

Also, the type of website differs from how many products you wish to promote on a site. For both types, you can promote multiple products. Starting off with one product may give you less sales. A good starting point is starting off with at least 10 products then you can add as many products as you can handle.
Not sure which Affilorama tool you need? Take the quiz! https://www.affilorama.com/redirect/quiz

Web: https://www.affilorama.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/affilorama
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~Sidhhartha Guatama

hcfgrizzly
Trust:
rycore wrote:Is the goal to have several niches from one theme, i.e. "self help" and create a web site to feature those products within the same theme? Then build more sites with other niches and drive traffic to those sites, etc. Or do I focus on one niche from a theme or an affiliate opportunity like "how to get a job (book)" and push this one product and build a web page for this single affiliate product? Both?

In my opinion, I think it`s better to start with a dedicated website on just one product. This way you will have a less amount of work and you can easily learn the basics.
Affiliate Manager to The HCF Affiliate Program (30-50% RevShare - Special Niche Market)
== > http://affiliates.hcfaminoscience.com/

ilearn058
Trust:
maryt wrote:Hi Rycore,

You are talking about whether to build an authority website (usually defined as a general niche site that features multiple sub niches) VS a niche website (one targeted niche).

The answer to the above is it depends on your preference. You can start with an authority website or you may build a niche website if this is what you like.

However, what we advise to newbies is to build a targeted niche site since it is less overwhelming to start and manage a website this way.

Also, the type of website differs from how many products you wish to promote on a site. For both types, you can promote multiple products. Starting off with one product may give you less sales. A good starting point is starting off with at least 10 products then you can add as many products as you can handle.

Hope my question is not too far away from the original question..
No matter to promote only 1 or multiple products on a targeted website, how do you familiar with this one or all the products so that you can introduce/promote them with confidence? Buy and try them all?
kateorangefirst
Trust:
ilearn058 wrote:
maryt wrote:Hi Rycore,

Hope my question is not too far away from the original question..
No matter to promote only 1 or multiple products on a targeted website, how do you familiar with this one or all the products so that you can introduce/promote them with confidence? Buy and try them all?

The first buyers can tell you about products. You should only find them and write a letter.

This topic was started on Mar 11, 2016 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.