Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Taking a long time to get indexed

stevenar21
Trust:

Taking a long time to get indexed

Hey I made a website about 3 weeks ago and submitted it to google. I've tried putting my website up on directories (which took like 5 hours). Also, I've posted on many high PR blogs like digg.com and popular forums... with a link to my website in my post/sig, of course.. but nothings working.

I have another website that only took a few days to get indexed without any posts on blogs or directory submissions... so this kinda sucks.

Another thing I'm wondering about. I remember something about how you shouldn't submit your articles to article sites until my site is indexed. I have a small memory of this and can't really remember where i heard it or if its true. Can someone refresh my memory. Thanks.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
stevenar21 wrote:Hey I made a website about 3 weeks ago and submitted it to google. I've tried putting my website up on directories (which took like 5 hours). Also, I've posted on many high PR blogs like digg.com and popular forums... with a link to my website in my post/sig, of course.. but nothings working.

I have another website that only took a few days to get indexed without any posts on blogs or directory submissions... so this kinda sucks.

Another thing I'm wondering about. I remember something about how you shouldn't submit your articles to article sites until my site is indexed. I have a small memory of this and can't really remember where i heard it or if its true. Can someone refresh my memory. Thanks.

Your site is probably indexed already... it just hasn't been updated to show in the google search is all. Yes your memory is right about the article thing.
stevenar21
Trust:
I went to https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/sitestatus .. typed in my website and it says..

"No pages from your site are currently included in Google's index. Indexing can take time. You may find it helpful to review our information for webmasters and webmaster guidelines."

About the article thing.. Lets say i wrote an article about "Purple Bananas", would i need to wait for my webpage about Purple Bananas (mysite.com/purplebananas) to get indexed before submitting that article to article sites or would it be fine as long as my main page(mysite.com) is already indexed. Maybe it's a stupid question. I don't understand the reason for being indexed first. Is it because the article site would take credit for having the article first and so google will think im copying that article from them. Sumfin like that?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
If google has spidered your link, it shouldn't take too long for just the homepage to get indexed. Perhaps the place you put your links had "NOFOLLOW" tags on it.

And you're right about the articles. If you submit them to directories first, then google will think you are using duplicate content.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

stevenar21
Trust:
Ahh cool.. thank you.