Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

SEO and blog content questions...

Do you have at least 1 web site that's up, running and generating positive cashflow (however small that flow may be)?

No votes

At least 1 site up and running?
No votes

At least 3 sites up and running?
100%

More than 5?
Total votes 2
dfbusey
Trust:

SEO and blog content questions...

Greetings from Oregon (USA)!

First, a quick intro.

Prolly like most of you, I'm feeling disillusioned with the corporate scene and am highly motivated to make a go of it with my own business. I have a very entrepenurial spirit and have dabbled in various things over the past 10 years but I really suck at follow-through. Discipline is my biggest hurdle but I think this'll be the vehicle that I can really get behind, buckle down, budget my discretionary time and just MAKE IT HAPPEN!! Affiliate marketing is really resonating with me and I'm happy to have found Mark and his passion for training up folks like us and passing along his wisdom.

Kudos to you Mark! LOVE those video lessons. I fall asleep reading stuff so I REALLY appreciate the multimedia approach to training. Ever think of producing a podcast companion to those monthly newsletters? That would give me something constructive to do with my commute time. I never get tired of that wonderful accent. Keeps me tuned in and engaged with all of the wonderful insight and experties you have to share. Keep up the great work!!

I've been through the six intro lessons and am well into the 90 Day Roadmap lessons as well. I have three ideas for some cool sites and am beginning to research their marketability. I think my initial sites will be just fun/interesting places to go and sprinkle them with Adsense and also prolly create a "Friends of mycashcowsite.com" sidebar area or perhaps dedicate a page to affiliate links.

My inital look at a goal pens out something like this:
Gross earnings of $1,100 / wk (Should enable me to leave my full time job.

If I create 10 web sites, they must each be generating $110/wk or $15.71/day.

If I had products to sell or generate affiliate revenues that pay just $8 each sale, I'd need two sales per day on each site to achive this revenue goal.

Breaking it down like that makes this sound pretty doable, yes?

Thanks for letting me introduce myself. I'll prolly have a ton of questions as time goes on but only a few come to mind at the moment...

SEO: Is this best done on a per-site basis or per-page basis? In other words, would it be inappropriate to apprach each sibling page of my web sites with a slightly different set of key words and SEO gameplan?

Blogs and "living, breathing" content: In the interest of keeping the sites maintainable by me and not having to hire outside authors for articles, what if I approach each blog entry as a conversation starter? I might be able to keep it a tad shorter that way and write each entry as a solitation for comments/discussion from visitors to the site on the topic I stirred up in the initial entry.

The question then becomes, are the user submitted comments on the blog picked up by search engines? Do they qualify as "fresh content" that helps the ranking of the site?

See attached poll for one other question to the group.

HUGE thanks!
David

PS: Anyone else here from the Portland Metro area? It might be fun to correspond with a local regarding our endeavors in this opportunity.
[/i]
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Welcome,

As for your questions... I would suggest only doing 1 website to begin with. If you start off with 10 you are going to become disillusioned and will not follow through with your plan... you don't want that to happen. :)

As for SEO... each page can be targeted for a different keyword yes.

Blogs.... the new posts should count as fresh content for most platforms yes :)
dfbusey
Trust:
Thanks for entertaining my questions.

Oh, no. I wouldn't START with 10 sites. Ack! That'd be a nightmare.

Naa, that's simply a target number that I figure I'd need to build up to over time. I'd be happy to cut that plan in half if my first 5 sites are creating more income than anticipated.

One day at a time!
db
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
That sounds like a good plan then :)

Let us know how you go.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world