Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Linking to sites with 100K pages indexed - Good or bad?

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:

Linking to sites with 100K pages indexed - Good or bad?

What are your thoughts about getting a link on a site that has 100K pages indexed? Especially if you don't link back. What another webmaster does cannot hurt you right? Besides the links will help to some extent.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
I am also not seeing great advancement with my website. I am not getting nearly any links at all from article submissions and I have done more than 12 so far. It has been nearly a month since the first one. The results and poor and most of my links are from PR0 sites.........
alvintan
Trust:
Adrian,

Did you submit to the main article directories with high PR? ezinearticles.com and goarticles.com should be your first 2.

Also, your PR can take longer than a month. I had my site with 0PR for a few months then suddenly WHAM! A PR of 3.

@lvin
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
If you can't find yourself being linked to from your articles, my first tip is... wait. It's possible that your article HAS been picked up, but the sites using it haven't been spidered yet. Similar deal with watching your PR. Google only updates PR about four times per year, which means you might be waiting three months or so.

I'm assuming you've already been spidered by Google... if you haven't, try submitting a press release to PRWeb. If you write a good one it'll be picked up by Yahoo News and other sites that get spidered daily, so you should be picked up within 7 days.

And remember, PR isn't everything! And it's certainly nothing to get disheartened about. Affilorama has a PR of 1, and you don't see us crying into our chocolate milk :)

Mark

ps If you are not already indexed in google, you can also get spidered quickly by using ineedhits.com g-boost, only $19.95 and you get indexed within 7 days.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
I feel poor. I don't even have a chocolate milk to cry into :lol: