Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

How to improve my search engine position?

cbrittin
Trust:

How to improve my search engine position?

....and I have a question. I have had http://www.TempleOwls.com up for about 6 months...done a little PPC with Adwords, listed it with Google but still the site is not listed when you type in Temple Owls into Google.

Now, the site is weak...and that is why I'm here...but I'm curious as to what else needs to be done to get better positioning.

Thanks

CB
stevenar
Trust:
There are lots of videos in the members area that will show you how to do well on google. Mark is a better teacher than us so you should definitely check those out :)
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
At first glance I had no idea what the page was about.... you will need to work on a theme for the site... second you must work on on-page optimization and then thirdly, links pointing to your website. Have a look through the videos in the members area and then come back here and let us know any questions you have.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I'd get rid of all the clutter down the bottom of the page, it looks unprofessional to me. But definitely go watch the videos on SEO for a better understanding.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

stevenar
Trust:
The videos on Adsense will help you layout your site better and stick you ads in the right locations. It may not seem like it when you're first starting out but the position of your ads makes a HUGE difference.

I always knew it made a difference but I didn't realize how much of a difference until a couple days ago :P

Heres a really good chart to show you the best places to put your ads. This was made by google.

https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ ... swer=17954
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Hi CB,

I took a quick look and found that there doesn't appear to be any real content just lots of ads. It's apparent that you're trying to sell owl gear there right? So who would be interested in Owl tees and things... people that follow Temple sports... so what I would do is slap a blog in there and report on what's going on at Temple sports-wise. Make it a site that people want to come to read about their favorite team and then introduce them to some links to fun stuff.

as my avatar says... just my two cents :)
PC