Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

How important are backlinks to Google rankings?

reciypjy
Trust:

How important are backlinks to Google rankings?

The secret Google ranking method has a lot of moving pieces. It's always changing and evolving, so I'd be curious to know how much weight you give backlinks in 2021. How big of an influence do you believe backlinks have on Google SEO rankings, on a scale of 0 (no influence) to 10 (most essential SEO factor)?
sophiawils59
Trust:
Let's say 8/10 for Importance of Backlinks.
But as always, It depends ;)
https://stubbuilder.com - Make 1 Paystub @50% OFF or Create More than 1 Paystubs & Get 1 Free

broadbandfreedom123
Trust:
Backlinks are of particular importance to SEO since they provide a "trust vote" from one site to another. Backlinks to your website are essentially a signal to search engines that people want your inform
*deleted*
Last edited by maryt on 22 Jun 21 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spamming

shibannichakraborthy32
Trust:
Backlinks are important due to the following reasons- Many search engines like Google, Yahoo see backlinks as votes of confidence to rank a website. The more backlinks a website has, the more likely it is to have a good ranking in the particular search engine.
staystoothkckk
Trust:
Backlinks are particularly beneficial to SEO since they indicate a "vote of confidence" from one site to another. Backlinks to your website are essentially a signal to search engines that people endorse your content. I would say 9 out of 10
jamesmiller8779
Trust:
As far as the important concern, I will give 9/10 for the backlink!!
oel.zubida
Trust:
Indeed, backlinks are 100% significant for SEO. In any case, it's anything but a numbers game.

The whole reason for an internet searcher is to show an individual looking through the most relevant response formatted in the best way possible and in the fastest and most accessible way.

That could be a paragraph or list of text, a video, images, or mixed media. This is equally if not more important than backlinks.
asad.iqbal
Trust:
Hi, Backlinks are especially valuable for SEO because they represent a "vote of confidence" from one site to another. In essence, backlinks to your website are a signal to search engines that others vouch for your content.
*deleted*
Last edited by maryt on 22 Jun 21 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spamming

Buy 3M Safety Glasses

phyllisgibbs
Trust:
reciypjy wrote:The secret Google ranking method has a lot of moving pieces. It's always changing and evolving, so I'd be curious to know how much weight you give backlinks in 2021. How big of an influence do you believe backlinks have on Google SEO rankings, on a scale of 0 (no influence) to 10 (most essential SEO factor)?

A backlink is so important to Google rankings because they represent a 'trust' from one site to another.
randallangelo
Trust:
Hey,
Backlinks are especially valuable for SEO because they represent a "vote of confidence" from one site to another. In essence, backlinks to your website are a signal to search engines that others vouch for your content.
neelseowork
Trust:
Backlinks are important in SEO but not the only thing which can help you to improve rankings.
https://www.autofresh.in/ - Car care products at best rates in India
https://www.autofresh.in/paint-care/paint-protection-film-car - Paint protection film for cars
https://www.autofresh.in/brand/rupes-bigfoot - Rupes polisher

amsgoldy
Trust:
Backlinks are so important in SEO but not the only thing which can help you to improve rankings. https://www.coreswipeglobal.com/
tasuyknq
Trust:
Backlinks (if done correct) are 100% important for SEO
butlerchristina88
Trust:
It depends on your website's needs, sometimes you may not need backlinks, but I'm pretty sure if you are looking to rank it you will need it.
clay.accuwebhosting
Trust:
Although Google has changed its policies and algorithms a lot, Backlinks are not as important as they were back in the time.

But they still somehow determine your SEO.

According to me, backlinks still work the best in 2021; if done in the right way.

Relevant backlinks always get good results. Just keep in mind that you should not involve in any blackhat techniques.
nesleesmejbpv
Trust:
Backlinks are the most important off-site ranking factor. But not all backlinks can bring traffic to your site. So, make sure you only get quality backlinks from high-authority sites. I have been finding quality backlinks on kallisto.io and my rankings have gone up.
nowhajayn
Trust:
nesleesmejbpv wrote:Backlinks are the most important off-site ranking factor. But not all backlinks can bring traffic to your site. So, make sure you only get quality backlinks from high-authority sites. I have been finding quality backlinks on kallisto.io and my rankings have gone up.

Hi nesleesmejbpv, do you sell links on kallisto?
irenecook80
Trust:
Backlinks are important for me, and I give them a 7 out of 10. My rankings have gone up after I bought 4 guest posts on Kallisto.io. This really shows how Google prioritizes sites with good backlinks. 
buseybeohpve
Trust:
For me, 7/10. Backlinks are still the most important off-page ranking factor. Guest posting has been my bread and butter for a long time when it comes to backlinking. The backlinks that I got from Kallisto remarkably increased the organic traffic on my site.
You have to be able to accept failure to get better.

This topic was started on Jun 15, 2021 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.