Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

How does Google index a site?

ileanaro
Trust:

How does Google index a site?

Hi!
I have uploaded my first site, containing a few articles and a WP blog, couple of weeks ago. Now when I search for my site on Google there are 10 responses showing up. Nine of them are posts or comments on the blog and one is my site's homepage. So I presumed that Google only indexed my main page already (and the WP Blog, of course). What I don't understand: I tried to do a Google search using words from an article which is not on my main page. My site showed up in results but the URL there is my site' homepage, not the page were those words really are. Hmm... Is it normal?
Thanks!
Ileana
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Google does some very strange things. You have to learn to love it.

Try clicking the "Cached" button and it will highlight those words for that page.
ileanaro
Trust:
Hi Adrian,

This time was my fault, not Google's. Sorry!
I should have look twice before I ask :). Till now, I got responses to all my questions before I even had to ask, here in this forum. You are doing a great job! I learned a lot from you, guys, since January when I joined Affilorama.
Thank-you!

Ileana
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Your welcome :)