Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Why should we target specific regions with our ad campaigns?

satok
Trust:

Why should we target specific regions with our ad campaigns?

Hi everyone of this wonderful Affilorama community! My name is Nizam and I'm a newbie in this business. Studying lessons at the moment but still have a question in my head bothering me.
I got impression that in order to promote some products we as affiliate marketers should target specific regions (US and Canada or Australia, New Zealand and UK and so on). Why? Isn't it possible to place our ads (sites) so that all visitors from all countries of the Globe could see them? How come that in this case I was able to find you, Mark? Of course, you didn't target my country (Uzbekistan, part of the former Soviet Union) specifically and nevertheless I browsed the Web and through LegitOnlineJobs.com found you (luckily!)?

Your answers and comments would be highly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Satok,

Welcome to affilorama!

To answer your question, I am only referring to pay per click advertising. Of course if you have a website that is online, that will be available to anyone in the world.

However if you are spending money on google adwords, overture, etc, then you need to be careful about which countries you spend your money on because some countries turn out to be less profitable than others.

For instance, for many markets when I promote on various search terms, such as "learn guitar", I lose money. The phillipines I have gotten over 4000 clicks on "learn guitar" and 0 sales. Yet for the english speaking countries, plus about 15 others, I found I double the money I spend on pay per click.

If you bid on every country, you may find you are only earning a small profit, or none at all, whereas some of the countries you may be earning a large profit that gets eaten away by people clicking from countries that don't buy very often.

I hope that makes sense. Great to have you on board, and I hope you learn lots.

Also, this is just for pay per click. If you have a website that is ranking well in search engines, then of course you want people from all over the world visiting as it doesn't cost you any more to have them there.

All the best!!

Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Mark said all there needs to be.

Adrian,
satok
Trust:
OK, Mark! Now I understand the difference. Thanks!