Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

While I design my site, how to make money? Adwords? PPC?

emmittryan
Trust:

While I design my site, how to make money? Adwords? PPC?

Hello everyone. I am wondering what is a good way of making some money while I am learning about stuff and designing my site. That is, a way of making money online, cause I already have a 'REAL' jobby job. I am thinking that a lot of people do alright on adwords, and ppc. Is this true? If so, what type of investment capital do you think a person could expect to start with for decent results. I am talking like two or three hundred bucks a month profit. I am pretty much completely new to anything that pays with the exception of a little bit of luck selling my stuff on ebay. But I don't want to search out the yard sale circuit for fun (especially in the winter) and adsense seems to be the thing these days. What do you think? I see lots of good stuff to re-sell,and affiliate stuff, and if I can invest a little to make a little, that suits my wallet for now. So if it is a good option, I will start learning about that as well. You guys have as much homework as my college classes ;) (lol)! Thanks ya'll. Shane.
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Hi Shane,

Adrian started a thread about how he was re-adjusting his goals now that he's seen first hand how well Mark's plan works. In the thread I asked him what he thought was the most important thing he learned from Mark that enabled him to achieve success with the 90 day plan and his reply, staying focused... read it yourself here

You could make money with Adwords, many people do, myself included but there is an expensive learning curve and it would take time away from working on your Affilorama site right?

You could make money with alot of ways but what is your goal, just to make money or are you trying to build a business?

What you could do that wouldn't take you away from your Affilorama goals is some article marketing...

Write articles about your Affilorama niche, submit them to the article directories and include a link to a page for an affiliate product in your resource box. This would give you some income and would help you become more of an expert in your niche :wink:

Hope that helps,
PC
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
PC has some good points here. As long as you are focused on what you need to achieve, you will get there. In the meantime you said you have a job already so that brings in money yes? If you have extra cash to use I wouldn't spend it on PPC just yet, unless you really really want too.

Depending on the market and what you want to achieve you might need a bit of money if you want to be successful in pay per click marketing. If I had some extra cash I would use that towards the purchase of high PR links back to my site to help it rank but that is just me.

There is always usfreeads.com, ebay, craigs list, and other forms that you can use for little to minimal amount of ad cost.

Adrian,
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I second (third) what Adrian and Promocode say. Adwords is, in itself, another steep learning curve, and you'll end up spending more money than you'll make until you get it sorted.

You also have to realize that advertising on Adwords doesn't get you out of building websites and content. Google will only display one Adwords ad pointing to a particular website on each page -- so you're competing against other affiliates trying to point directly to the product sales page through their affiliate code, and these other affiliates have most likely been fine-tuning their ads for a long time, will have a better click-thru-rate, and will therefore be favored by Google.

So the best way to do it is to build a site with a landing page optimized for your Adwords ad. But in order to avoid the high minimum-bid penalties that Google has imposed for sites offering little relevance or content, you're going to have to build a lot of content, and provide extremely relevant landing pages for each ad group you set up.

And even then, there's no guarantee that you're going to make any sales before you run out of cash :)

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying that it'll take just as long to start earning profit through this method as to stick with what you're doing already -- which (if you're following the 90 day roadmap) is a much more sustainable way of earning affiliate cash.

Sorry if that's a little disappointing, but it's best you hear now :)

Regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I'm with all the others. I wasted a fair bit of cash when I started out with adwords. If you can concentrate on the 90 day plan, get your site ranked well within the SEs, you'll be laughing.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world