Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Search CPC Lower Than Content CPC

kenc138
Trust:

Search CPC Lower Than Content CPC

Hi guys,

I've always heard that search CPC is always a higher CPC because of how targeted the traffic is, and that content is much lower CPC because the traffic tends to be less targeted.

What can explain the fact that I need to bid at least $1.25 for the Content network to get impressions, but I can bid around $0.40-$0.60 for the same ad group in Search network?

Thanks!
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Ken,
This can happen depending on what Niche you chose and the competition in that niche.
Also you need to prove yourself to Google first.
Is this a new campaign?
You can read a little bit about this here..
http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bi ... nswer=6111

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

kenc138
Trust:
Hi Troy

Thanks for the update. The site is fairly new, but I have QS of 7 across the board. I guess this doesn't matter since QS isn't a factor in Content network.

Thanks again!
andyblack
Trust:
There is a QS at the keyword, adgroup, campaign, account, and domain level (and probably more!). I don't know much about the Content Network, but I wouldn't be surprised that the QS gained from your Google Search campaigns is going to be factored in.

Also... there might be much less Ad positions available on a page in the Content Network than in the Google SERP.
robinjackman
Trust:
yes, obviously search cpc lower than content cpc.

This topic was started on Jun 01, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.