Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Presell Pages for Adword Campaigns?

lunatunes
Trust:

Presell Pages for Adword Campaigns?

If I want to have a presell page for a merchant that I am promoting do I
need to have a website or blog to have that Presell page on?

Thanks,
Randy
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Whichever you prefer to customize to your own needs. A webpage would probably be your best option, however, a blog can be just as good.

Adrian,
lunatunes
Trust:
How does that work then if you want to try an adwords campaign and have a presell page directed to the merchant. And then after a month or two you realize that the campaign isn't working. So now
your stuck with a year of hosting fees on a domain name.
Or can you change domain names on the same hosting?
Or are there hosting companies that you can have monthly?

Thanks,
Randy
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
You can have hosting plans that work monthly.

But why don't you create a large content site, start SEO to get organic traffic, then perhaps setup some landing pages within the site for PPC. That way you can start making money earlier.

I prefer that method than jumping around trying this niche, then that niche. I did that for a while, but I never seemed to be able to get very far.

Just a thought.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
lunatunes wrote:How does that work then if you want to try an adwords campaign and have a presell page directed to the merchant. And then after a month or two you realize that the campaign isn't working. So now
your stuck with a year of hosting fees on a domain name.
Or can you change domain names on the same hosting?
Or are there hosting companies that you can have monthly?

Thanks,
Randy

No, you're not stuck at all, that's one of the beauties of internet marketing you can test for relatively little expense. :)

If the campaign doesn't work out, you can add a different domain to the same host. In fact most packages offer unlimited domains. I have a couple of hundred domains spread across two hosting accounts.

Packages vary, but for the most part you can go monthly or prepay for a year.

HTHs,
PC
lunatunes
Trust:
sean06 wrote:But why don't you create a large content site, start SEO to get organic traffic, then perhaps setup some landing pages within the site for PPC. That way you can start making money earlier.

I prefer that method than jumping around trying this niche, then that niche. I did that for a while, but I never seemed to be able to get very far.

Just a thought.

Ok Sean, here is what I have going in my head.
I did the ocd adwords campaign. Well I found out through that campaign
that it wasn't a buying market but an information market.
So I thought if I'm getting around 50 t0 75 clicks a day with the adwords
ad then I could get at least that many in my site if I seo onto the first page.
And so I would do like you said and make a ocd website and rely on adsense for profit.
An ocd site can only be so big. There are only so much you can get into.
In looking at a bunch of the true ocd sites they arent that big compared to some of the
other sites that came up which also had other addictions and mental disorders as
a part of their site. So anyway, if lets say 100 people a day went to my site and if each click an ad. At about 7 to 10 cents a click(and those are all ifs)
Thats 200 to 300 a month. Not really the business I was looking to build.

So I thought.....how could I still profit from this merchants ocd ebook.
I bought the ebook initially and found it to be nothing short of excellent.
There is ocd in my family and there is more info in the book than I could find anywhere and the book was layed out very very well.
So I thought that even though people were not buying off the merchants
landing page I am thinking a well written sincere presell page may get
people to take a better look at the merchant page and then buy the book.

What do you think?....lol

Randy
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
That all makes sense Randy. So I guess you may have to take a small risk. I don't see any reason why you can't make a little steady profit from the OCD book. Have you had any more luck with getting sales since we gave you some tips about your adgroups?
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Randy, if you did not get any sales through adwords, are you sure you want to do a site for it with a landing page? Perhaps you should look into a bigger market that will allow you to start building a nice website for. What do you think? Although if you want to go with OCD, that is great practice too.

Adrian,
lunatunes
Trust:
sean06 wrote:That all makes sense Randy. So I guess you may have to take a small risk. I don't see any reason why you can't make a little steady profit from the OCD book. Have you had any more luck with getting sales since we gave you some tips about your adgroups?

No sales, but I figured as much. I was getting plenty of clicks but no sales.
Changing and adding many more keywords reduced the clicks to a very very few
and still no sales. I paused the ads today.
I'm going to try a presell page. The only thing is, I dont know where to start :(

Can I use wordpress? And which hosting company do I use.
Also, Are there any vids that contain anything on a presell page or any
articles anyone can recomend on how to do one?

Thanks,
Randy
lunatunes
Trust:
adrian wrote:Randy, if you did not get any sales through adwords, are you sure you want to do a site for it with a landing page? Perhaps you should look into a bigger market that will allow you to start building a nice website for. What do you think? Although if you want to go with OCD, that is great practice too.

Adrian,

Thanks Adrian...I have been thinking just that, but being new and floundering I'm
just not sure what to do. The big picture for me is just what you said.
Build a super nice site in a larger market. I had an Idea almost two months
ago when I first started this and joined affilorama and right away got a domain name.
I wanted to do a debt free site. Debt settlements, credit card debt ect.
The domain was "DebtFreeAndDancing"
After a few weeks I started thinking that maybe that market was just to huge
to ever get ranked on the first page. But now I'm starting to wonder.
Maybe not 1 year from now but 3 years from now maybe.
Or am I right in saying the debt market is just too big and I should pick something else.

Oooh....there it goes again....I just felt another hair turn grey...LOL

Thanks,
Randy
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
lunatunes wrote:
adrian wrote:Randy, if you did not get any sales through adwords, are you sure you want to do a site for it with a landing page? Perhaps you should look into a bigger market that will allow you to start building a nice website for. What do you think? Although if you want to go with OCD, that is great practice too.

Adrian,

Thanks Adrian...I have been thinking just that, but being new and floundering I'm
just not sure what to do. The big picture for me is just what you said.
Build a super nice site in a larger market. I had an Idea almost two months
ago when I first started this and joined affilorama and right away got a domain name.
I wanted to do a debt free site. Debt settlements, credit card debt ect.
The domain was "DebtFreeAndDancing"
After a few weeks I started thinking that maybe that market was just to huge
to ever get ranked on the first page. But now I'm starting to wonder.
Maybe not 1 year from now but 3 years from now maybe.
Or am I right in saying the debt market is just too big and I should pick something else.

Oooh....there it goes again....I just felt another hair turn grey...LOL

Thanks,
Randy

Nothing is too huge to go after. Everything takes time, although I suggest you get a site ranked in a small market first to get your feet wet. No sense in playing in a PGA Open if you can't even hit a golf ball. I plan on going up against sites that are known nationwide.... so just keep on learning :)

Adrian,
lunatunes
Trust:
adrian wrote: Nothing is too huge to go after. Everything takes time, although I suggest you get a site ranked in a small market first to get your feet wet. No sense in playing in a PGA Open if you can't even hit a golf ball. I plan on going up against sites that are known nationwide.... so just keep on learning :)

Adrian,

Now I just have to find that market! That seems to be my most difficult
task right now. Ive read everything I can get my hands on but still cant
come up with something. Any tips that I haven't already heard :)

I think your right about the ocd thing. I got 400 clicks with no sale. Something
tells me that a presell page isn't going to change things much.
I could see doing a presell page if I had gotten 2 or 3 sales but 0 sales is
a bit telling.

Thanks,
Randy
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Try looking for a solid product, in a decent searched market, and then begin your website / landing page based around that. Also, have a look around clickbank too see how many different people sold that product in the month.

Adrian,
lunatunes
Trust:
adrian wrote:Try looking for a solid product, in a decent searched market, and then begin your website / landing page based around that. Also, have a look around clickbank too see how many different people sold that product in the month.

Adrian,

Maybe I'm not doing this right?? The product has been an after thought.
I've been trying to think and search for a topic (market) with keywords
that have a decent amount of searches (30 to 75,000) with as little quality competion as possible.
I thought that if I found that then I would have a good market whether there was a product
in clickbank, paydotcomlcom ect or not.
I will try the product approach and see what I come up with.

Thanks,
Randy
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Thats often what I do. If I am stuck for ideas, I go and look at whats selling in clickbank. Chances are, if someone else is selling well, then so can you.

So if you see a product you think could be interesting, check over the sales page, do a bit of research and away you go.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
lunatunes wrote:
adrian wrote:Try looking for a solid product, in a decent searched market, and then begin your website / landing page based around that. Also, have a look around clickbank too see how many different people sold that product in the month.

Adrian,

Maybe I'm not doing this right?? The product has been an after thought.
I've been trying to think and search for a topic (market) with keywords
that have a decent amount of searches (30 to 75,000) with as little quality competion as possible.
I thought that if I found that then I would have a good market whether there was a product
in clickbank, paydotcomlcom ect or not.
I will try the product approach and see what I come up with.

Thanks,
Randy

Do not use paydotcom.com........... they are just bad.

Adrian,