Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

PPC training recommendation

timbash
Trust:

PPC training recommendation

Hi everybody,
I’m looking for a PPC training that completes affiloBlueprint. What are the suggestions of PPC training Programs?

Thanks in advance
Timbash
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Perry Marshall has been a leading Google AdWords PPC expert for decades. I can highly recommend his ebooks and email list membership.

No doubt he has courses too. However, I'm not recommending his courses or the "gurus" he recommends - because I don't know anything about those.

Hope this helps...
_jim coe
timbash
Trust:
Thanks Jim,

I'm checking your suggestion.
If there is any other tips, drop here so I'll have a look on different points of PPC, tutorials, training or courses.
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Basically, Google AdWords optimal use is very complex - a book-length subject for sure. It's quite difficult to keep Google from vacuuming up all your profits. After all, It's designed as a tool to make Google money and the engineers at Google are very good at what they do.

In my experience it requires at least $20 to $30 a day for a decent campaign. And even a well managed campaign is likely to lose money for many days while you fine tune it. Popular keywords often cost OVER $1.00 PER CLICK! If your max daily budget is set for $20 a day, that's not a lot of visitors. One of my recent campaigns had a keyword costing $48 per click - I didn't use that keyword.

A few of my personal tips:
Don't work at getting max CTR (Click Through Rate - the most clicks on your Google ads) - like Google stresses. That only makes money for Google, since you pay for every single click on your ads - whether they result in a sale or not. You want to do all you can to get only people clicking on your Google ads who will actually buy - max SCR (Sales Conversion Rate). That is, max profits for you, minimum profits for Google. So, your ads absolutely must be highly targeted and hopefully will actually filter out people who won't buy. And your landing page simply must convert well.

This is one of the reasons keywords indicating a crisis, immediate need, or other sales indicating keywords are so important.

What this all means is that "max traffic" is the wrong goal. Your real goal is "max profits".

Use lots of "negative keywords" to prevent your ads from showing (and getting clicked on) for the wrong searches. For example, the keyword "conversions" will get many visitors trying to convert metric measurements to US units, etc. or trying to understand cooking measurement units and such - rather than those seeking higher sales conversion rates. Certainly use "free" as a negative keyword if your product is not free and you don't have a "free trial" or such.

The above shows how you have to carefully monitor you PPC campaigns, for example to see what search terms brought your PPC visitors (and more). You can't just let your campaigns run themselves, if you don't want them to run you into the ground financially.

Feel free to pause your ad groups or campaigns, while you improve them, or when you're distracted by other tasks - to prevent a money losing campaign from running up big Google bills because you're not paying attention to it.

Don't expect to set up an AdWords campaign and then just walk away from it, if you want it to make you money, instead of costing you. At first you'll have to spend on the order of 1 hour every day fine tuning your bids, A/B split testing your ads, trying out new keywords and many other things. Of course this depends on how many keywords and ad groups you are managing.Only after a campaign is thoroughly optimized can you spend more than a day or two away from it.

Be sure you understand the use of Ad Groups and key word matching options and the Google warnings prompting you to spend more on bids.

I wouldn't advise anyone to launch a Google AdWords PPC campaign before digesting one or more good books on the subject.

Hope this helps...
_jim coe
Last edited by jimcoe on 11 Jun 12 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timbash
Trust:
Hi Jim,

Thanks a lot, for great feed back with your personal tips, also recommending digestion of some good books on the subject. It helps a lot.

Thanks
Timbash
lilygreen289
Trust:
I’ve an issue with pagination.
If I click the next page in blogstyle I and II I get the same postings again.
hope to hear from you.
Hi,this is my site: http://iplaytheme.com/
There are many free wordpress themes for you download!
Thank you for visiting~

bigerals
Trust:
Hi

I have this program "Traffic Buying Montage" by Shazia Mirza I found it through the Warrior forum.

It is a rather detailed PPC course and whilst I have not put it to use as of yet it does cover a lot of what you need to know.

Main reason I have not started is the cost of having to put up $$$ up front for buying the Traffic.

Going through a real lack of funds period :(

Hope this helps

Allan
If You See The "FLASH" it's already too late.

easyrider
Trust:
Jim, I think you just scared everyone off Google PPC!

But as Mark Ling said in Affilioblueprint 3, all the Internet Millionaires he knows use PPC.

In the course, he teaches that you should first start with Google ads on its content network (ie. Adsense ads) rather than on the search network (ie. around Google search results). The reason why is that these ads are often significantly cheaper per the results you get - due to their being less competition.
Greg

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Yes, I think that's excellent advice, starting on the content network first. And there are other ways to lower costs, like having your ads show at certain times of day and/or in certain geographic regions.

I haven't gotten to that part of Affiloblueprint yet.

Also, if you're willing to settle for an ad on the second or third page of results, when you do use Google search, you can use much lower bids.

It's just that Google is so good at making money with AdWords and I've learned of so many people being careless and running up big bills - even bills so large that they aren't prepared to pay them.

I also sometimes figure it's worth a short expensive AdWords campaign in support of an A/B split test, since split tests run much faster with more traffic (especially on new sites). In that case, I figure that I'm just paying Google for valuable test results, which can be worthwhile even if there are no or few sales.

Sorry if I scared anyone... :o)

_jim coe
ronnyg
Trust:
Read the Reprint of the interview with Amit Mehta....I was sold on his course/membership...but no link to buy the course...I did a search and when I did find his site firefox gave me a warning that I should not enter that site...

So What is going on with no link to his site? And the the web address given ppcclass2.com is not there anymore...

I would join here but don't need any of the other web20, SEO, and the regular stuff about organic IM'ing....Just need the best instruction on PPC

Thanks Ron
mr.ricky218
Trust:
Marketing strategies should focus the attraction of customers towards itself. Search engine optimization makes marketing an easy one. To promote your business, SEO offers you the following various services.if you need best affiliate mangement services click here [url=http://www.ecommangels.co.uk/affiliate-marketing-mangement/]affiliate marketing mangement[/ur]
iandille101
Trust:
Training on PPC is imperative, especially when you’re into online business because it helps you promote your business. It mainly works to increase the rankings of a client for competitive phrases.
adficientppcmgt
Trust:
There are a lot of PPC training in the web that we can use.
daviskathy393
Trust:
I want to learn ppc much more this time..When i saw this discussion about the ebook which looks really cool thank you..
nessa900
Trust:
i would say to be sure to begin with the free stuff first, there is just way to much stuff out there, people are selling that can be found for free elsewhere.
Dale Dupree
http://seoharrisburg.com

This topic was started on Jun 09, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.