Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

PPC - Google vs Yahoo vs MSN?

PremiumMember
danklein
Trust:

PPC - Google vs Yahoo vs MSN?

To Mark and everyone,

Since Google is always making it more difficult to get cheap keywords,
would it make more sense to begin doing PPC thru Yahoo or MSN instead ?

Thanks,
Dan
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Definitely. I haven't used MSN, but Yahoo is pretty good too.

But don't give up on google just yet, see if you can reduce your CPC before you forget about it.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
spider
Trust:
danklein,

I have used MSN Adcenter, Yahoo Search Marketing (overture), and Google Adwords over the last 6-12 months. Here is what I found...at least in my niche...

MSN Adcenter seems to charge an arm and a leg, but does not convert for crap!

Yahoo Search Marketing is not very cheap, but converts the best.

Google Adwords coverts well, and is the cheapest if you know how to use it well and all your pages are search enging optimized.

If you are lazy or plan on direct linking you better just leave Google out of it, because the costs will eat you alive. I would highly suggest you learn more about Google Adwords before you give up on them.

Google has tons of video tutorials on adwords.google.com that contain more than enough information to teach you everything you could possibly want to know about Adwords.

Don't buy any extra training, it is a waste of cash. Just ask questions here after you go through the Google tutorial and I am sure someone will help out.
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
I got a lot of traffic with ad words, but it is costly.By far the most education is here and by far the most valuable traffic I think.Very easy user interface. I am also using yahoo,but I find the interface difficult. I am also using "kanoodle" which is very cheap and gives me cheap clicks. I am also trying "searchbigdaddy" whcih seems to be an up-and-comer. This is an affiliate link to them:

*broken link*
Last edited by michellerana on 26 Feb 10 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove broken link

PremiumMember
danklein
Trust:
Thanks for the info.

Dan
Support
greg
Trust:
I also use a range of PPC advertisers and about 2 months ago joined Msn Adcenter. I quickly found the interface very difficult to use & extremely buggy. After contacting support & a few emails back and forth I couldn't see them actually helping me in the near future so have since stopped using them. I highly recommend Adwords as the most user friendly system, with helpful support. I have also been reasonably impressed with Overture although the interface is a little difficult & outdated.