Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

PPC- Advertise product or squeeze page contents?

guitarsg1
Trust:

PPC- Advertise product or squeeze page contents?

I just started email marketing, and I'm curious as to whether I should be advertising the product I'm affiliated with or my squeeze page contents when I advertise on Adwords.

For example, lets pretend I'm marketing a "learn spanish" product. I have a landing page that is a squeeze page that offers a free 6 day spanish lesson course. I am promoting the spanish product in this free course.

So, should I be advertising the free spanish course in my PPC ads? Or should I just advertise the product (which I was doing before I started collecting emails)?

Also, should I be advertising under "free" keywords such as "free spanish lessons", "learn spanish for free" etc since I am giving these lessons away for free? Or should I assume anyone typing in "free" should be weeded out?

Thanks for the help.
PremiumMember
papabear
Trust:
My two cents....

What are you trying to accomplish? If you're trying to sell them something you don't want to use free as a keyword. The surfer isn't in the frame of mind to buy if thy're using the kw free.

If you're offering a free course in order to get them on your list then sell them once they're on your list.

I am by no means an expert and this is just my personal observation/opinion. I hope that other members with more PPC experience chime in.

Best of luck to you!
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I agree with papabear. Someone typing in "free ...." isn't likely to buy straight away. But say they kinda want to learn Spanish, but not enough to pay for something. They'll sign up for your course and they might eventually think "hey, this is actually pretty cool, I'd love to get better at Spanish, maybe I will buy something..". If you can get them on a list, I would think that "free" isn't THAT big a deal.

Anyone else got any thoughts?
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

guitarsg1
Trust:
Thanks for the replys.

I guess what I mean is if my squeeze page is just an offer for a free spanish course (in order to sell them a spanish product) would I want to put "free spanish course" in my Google Ad? I know maybe bidding on the phrase "free spanish course" might not be the best idea, I'm just wondering if I should include it in my ad, or just write a "normal" ad that says something like "learn spanish quick" without using the word "free".

Nick
PremiumMember
tino
Trust:
If your main objective is to build your list first I would say, yes use free in your ad. Many freebe seekers will turn into buyers after you build some credibility and trust with them. On the other hand, if you were sending them directly to a sales letter page or a review site then I wouldn't recommend using free in your ad.

Just my opinion,

John T
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
It also depends on how much you are willing to spend on advertising. I bid on "free" for a while but it wound up costing me a whole lot of money from people that never did buy.But you definitely will get visitors that way. I think unless you are definitely trying to focus on "free" , I would want to weed out the non-buyers by not advertising free.But if you can afford it,go ahead.One more thing,you can go to a differetn,cheaper search engine for your free keywords and pay a whole lot less like
,"kanoodle',"yahoo",and

*broken link*
(my affiliate link)
Last edited by michellerana on 26 Feb 10 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove broken link