Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

How to find high paying CPC's?

pedersenm
Trust:

How to find high paying CPC's?

I'm assuming that most successful affiliate marketers/adsense marketers choose high paying CPC's right? If so, how do you go about finding them and then seeing how competitive they already are?

Making .10 a click will get me nowhere! I would like to get into some niches that had a much higher CPC.
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
There is one caveat to the thought of finding high paying keywords... when you're Adsense publisher you want to build pages that will give you high CPCs but if you are an affiliate publisher and you plan on using PPC for traffic, you want to look for a market that has more reasonably priced clicks or you'll have a tough time making a profit.

There are lots of "systems" and tools out there for finding profital niches but one simple tool you can use is the The Dowser - it's free and it will tell what advertsiers are spending for clicks at Overture ( that's lower than Adwords but it will give you a reference point) and it'll tell how many competitors you'll have. I have the paid version and it even shows you competitors ads, I'm not sure if the free version does but take a look at it - it won't cost you anything :wink:

Hope that helps - oh and don;t worry about the .10 cent clicks, if you have lots of impressions and can get the click throughs, they DO add up fast :D better to keep building and learning than to spend time analizing I think.

pc
alvin
Trust:
Hi,

Here's a quick tool you can use. Its actually for Overture (Yahoo) but it gives a good indication:

http://www.pixelfast.com/overture/

I just typed in "auto insurance" and the top keyword pays $16.00. That would be nice...

Hope this helps.

@
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
There is nothing wrong with .10 cents. Multiply that by 10,000 and you are good to go.

Adrian
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
IF you're just starting out, it might be a bit ambitious to try and get into a niche that pays extremely well. Go to google and search for auto insurance. I get 81M results. I'm not saying it can't be done, not at all, but it would take a long time and a lot of work.

It would be much easier to get into a niche that, while it pays less, you can get ranked in the search engines within a couple of months.

Have you got any ideas for a site theme?
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

pedersenm
Trust:
All very good points. What about PPL progams? Pay Per Leads? I think as website owners and marketers, we need to monetize every page and every visitor to the best of our abilities.

I'm still not a big fan of getting .10 per click from adsense. You've got to have a hell of a lot of traffic to make any money at it.

I would like to learn more of the "gurus" secrets to their making 10-50k a month!!!
alvin
Trust:
sean06 wrote:Go to google and search for auto insurance. I get 81M results.

LOL... bad choice of keywords as an example. Sean's right, you need to find a better niche.

I would like to learn more of the "gurus" secrets to their making 10-50k a month!!!

When you do, please post it here for the rest of us too. :wink:
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Mark has already dilvulged all his secrets. They're in the videos! :)

Once you create one decent site, it will be much easier to create the next, and soon enough you'll be earning a ton of cash too, just stick with it in the early days.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

pedersenm
Trust:
But what about...

All very good points. What about PPL progams? Pay Per Leads? I think as website owners and marketers, we need to monetize every page and every visitor to the best of our abilities.

...I saw a post in here from someone that was looking at a PPL membership, but don't know how legit it is.

My main concern is getting better at monetizing my site(s) and visitors. I've been online for 6 years, with one top ranked authority site, and still feel like I am not even close to what I can do on every page of every site.
PremiumMember
spider
Trust:
pedersenm wrote:I would like to learn more of the "gurus" secrets to their making 10-50k a month!!!

Just a quick note here, but I would not have this type of attitude online. You could end up spending a ton of money searching for the "gurus" secrets. :D

Trust me, I've been there. Affilorama is really all you need to get started. I highly suggest you choose something (not too aggressive) and stick with it until it makes money. Otherwise you'll try 15 different ways to monetize your site and all of them will fail.

This is a quick note, but it has been a VERY expensive and time consuming problem of mine so I thought I should post a little warning.

I'll stop preaching now. :D
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
I agree with spider. My credit card is way too high from past years of searching for secrets.

Adrian,