Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

How do you tell which keyword made the sale?

lesbar
Trust:

How do you tell which keyword made the sale?

I have made my first sale today :lol: but I wanted to ask a question about keywords. How can you tell which keyword mane the sale. Do you have to make up your own landing page and track them through that.At the moment I have got a keyword which is bringing in about 100 hits per day.This happened by accident as I highlighted my keyword in the title but Google changed my headline to be the same as one of my keywords. I get alot of hits but how can I find out which keyword made the sale. Thanks :evil:
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Lesbar,

First, congrats on your first sale, that's exciting, it's the first of many more no doubt... now let's get you tracking your keywords to find what works and what doesn't :wink:

Most affiliate progarms have the capability of creating SIDs, (session ID or shopper ID)

all you have to do is create a SID for each keyword if your affiliate link says "SID=" you would insert "SID=keyword" (no parenthesis) Or many (like CJ) ask you if you have a SID you would like to insert and they'll generate the link code for you. Then when you pull up a sales report, you'll see your activity by keyword SIDs.

Another option is to buy tracking software, I use Adtrackz. This will create a special link for each one of your campaigns, ads, keywords... what ever you wish.

HTH's
PC
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
A simpler method would be to email the merchant of the product you are selling and ask them to place your Google Conversion ID on their thank you page, this will let you know.

Adrian
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Do what Adrian says, any decent merchant should do it, I've never had trouble. If they don't really want to help you, then maybe you should look for another similar product. And let them know this.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

wendy
Trust:
Even though it looks like the necessary advice has been given, I just want to say congratulations, lesbar!!! May you have many, many more sales to come! :)
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
It would be good if you can set up this tracking early on, that way you can decide which keywords are underperforming thus making your ROI higher.

Adrian,
alvin
Trust:
Lesbar,

Congratulations on your first sale! May there be many more...

@
superaff
Trust:
Congratulation Lesbar.

You can't forget your first sale.
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html