Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

First Google Adword attempt

PremiumMember
gwedge
Trust:

First Google Adword attempt

Hi Mark & Co,

I have just tried my first google adword and needless to say it didn't do so well. From Marks advice I started with a max CPC of 15c just to test the ad. Trouble is because people are paying a lot more per click my ad is
way down the list when the keyword is searched. The google estimate for
my keywords/CPC were around 80-120 visitors per day. So I let itt run for a day to see what happened. 24 hrs later I had received 598 impressions and not one click. So fearing the google demotion system I have put it on hold for the moment.

Now my first questions are:-
1. Does an impression mean that the searcher has actually had my ad on their screen (ie. actually seen it) or does an impression still count agains me if they searched and ad was placed several pages down which they never even went to.

If so, how the hell do you stand a chance of achieving/proving your CTR without shelling out big money for top position clicks.

Or do I need to cut my teeth and start my first campaigns in less competetive markets.

regards
George
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi George,

First of all I haven't seen your ad, so I don't know how well it was worded in order to get people to click on it.

Secondly, is your ad displaying, or does google tell you that you need to bid a higher amount? See my blog post regarding the latest google adwords developments here: https://www.affilorama.com/blog

If your ad is displaying and you have received 500 or so impressions without a click, then that tells me that the ad probably isn't worded too well. Would you mind posting the wording of your ad, so I can look at it?

regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
gwedge
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Its to promote Affilorama

$1000 a Week in 90 Days
Learn Affiliate Marketing Fast!
Easiest way to Earn from Home
LearnDotCom.com/Super-Affiliate

George
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi George,

First of all, you don't need to rely on just google adwords. There are other ppc's as well, such as Yahoo and MSN (just to name another couple of good ones).

Secondly, I should have clarified my 15c statement.

I recommend starting at 15c when you are promoting a product that sells for about $40-50 and you get 75% commission. If the product costs more, then you'll probably need to spend a little more - perhaps 30c is more appropriate for this market.

Also, I don't know what your keywords are, but if they were, say:

make money from affiliate programs then I would reword your ad from:

$1000 a Week in 90 Days
Learn Affiliate Marketing Fast!
Easiest way to Earn from Home
LearnDotCom.com/Super-Affiliate

to:
Who Else Hates Their Job?
My dad couldn't Stand His So I Taught
Him How to Make Money Online.
AffiliateStepByStepVideoLessons.com

or:
Who Else Hates Their Job?
Get out of the rat race and follow my
video lessons to making money online
MakeMoneyVideoLessons.com

or:
Want Passive Income Online?
As seen at the World Internet Summit!
Step by step video lessons, guaranteed.
AffiliateStepByStepVideoLessons.com

Notice how registering a well worded domain name can add to your keywords?:)..

The other thing I'm not 100% sure about is your landing page. I think you need to add something to boost its' credibility. Perhaps an audio play button of you talking, plust a photo of yourself or something.. hmmm...

There is also a lot of white space further down the page.

It's not too bad the page, I just think it could be improved upon.

You should also test to see if sending people directly to the affilorama premium page converts better for you. Also, there will be a new sales page online by wednesday, that will convert better.

All the best,

Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive