Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Adwords shows sale while Clickbank doesn't. Why?

moonman84
Trust:

Adwords shows sale while Clickbank doesn't. Why?

Hi, I just wanted to know why adwords is showing a sale yet clickbank isn't. Usually it is instant. Thanks, Jay
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Your conversion tracking is the problem. Clickbank shows sales instantly. Either that or someone used your ad but somehow purchased after using another affiliates code? Not sure.

Adrian,
moonman84
Trust:
what a shame, that would have given me 3 sales today out of 150 clicks. 1 out of 50 is the best conversion rate I have been able to find.

Anyway I think you are right, because right after I posted I got another sale so it was not a problem with adwords but like you said, someone must have gone back and bought it through someone else. Anyway, I hope they are happy...hehe...
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Doesn't the tracking just show when someone reaches the order page? Or am I mistaken?
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

georgeb
Trust:
No sean, depends on where you put your adwords code.

Can be on the order page, or if the merchant is willing (usually are), it can be on the thankyou page.

Also, yes adwords tracking isn't entirely accurate. It's a good indication (as mark says) but you have to go off your actual sales stats. There is a good clickbank stats tool in traffic travis that I use. When you make lots of sales, it is very helpful for keeping good statistics.

George
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Cheers George, makes sense. :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world