Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Submitting the same article to more than one directory

nessa2shoes
Trust:

Submitting the same article to more than one directory

Hi guys - sorry this is probably a lame question. I've created a few nice business-related articles which I've submitted to a large article directory. Are there penalties for submitting the same article to more than one directory, or is this a valid strategy to increase my reach?

Also - it is OK to post my articles on my own website?

I see all these ads for software that will submit articles to hundreds of directories, but is this really a good strategy?

Thanks and regards, Ness
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I've got some software that helps me submit an article to tons of directories, although I usually just do 25 or so, mostly because theres a lot of crap directories out there.

But submitting to a handful of directories will help your backlinks and could even drive some traffic to your site.

I'd post your own articles on your site first, then submit to directories after google has spidered them. Google doesn't like duplicate content, so won't give much thought to the pages with duplicate content on them.

Hope that helps.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

nessa2shoes
Trust:
Thanks Sean - so it's absolutely OK to submit exactly the same article to more than one directory? No penalties for duplicate content?

(I read another post where someone got booted off an article directory because their article was posted on someone else's website, but this might be a different issue?)

Thanks for the tip re my own website - I'll post it there first.

Regards, Ness
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
nessa2shoes wrote:Thanks Sean - so it's absolutely OK to submit exactly the same article to more than one directory? No penalties for duplicate content?

(I read another post where someone got booted off an article directory because their article was posted on someone else's website, but this might be a different issue?)

Thanks for the tip re my own website - I'll post it there first.

Regards, Ness

Same article can be submitted to all directories yes.

Adrian
horksi
Trust:
hi guys, I am new to article marketing here. I just wondering why submitting same article to different directory is an ok method. To my knowledge, google don't like duplicate content, right?

1. Isn't it going to be duplicate content as seen by google if same article appear in different article directories?

2. If i am an article directory owner, isn't is something not good to see so many articles appear in my article directory also appear somewhere else in the internet.

Pls enlighten me.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
1. Yes but you're mostly after the link, the actual rankings won't be a big deal.

2. Most of them won't check/care.

Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world