Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Interpreting stats and monetizing my site - How?

PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:

Interpreting stats and monetizing my site - How?

I had a previous post here:(part of which is quoted below)

https://www.affilorama.com/members/forum ... .php?t=509

where I mentioned in passing another site I have. I am very curious as to what others think about the stats and what to do about it. I have created many articles pointing to the site and people are staying here reading the info.That is great,but they are not clicking away(no adsense) and I do have a few text links for related products and products on the nav bar (and in the text ) but no sales.What do you think about what these stats tell you.How would you interpret them? I am compiling my articles (15 or so now and much more detailed than the info on the site) into and ebook that perhaps I can sell on the site.What else can I do to monetize this site.Thank you for any input.

"as far as other markets go I started out a year ago trying an e-commerce site and that never really worked for me. I found i picked a very hard market to compete in "imports" and hence the name, http://www.revelationimports.com". I have since turned that one into an information site about rugs and antiques. I have written maybe 10 quality articles to drive traffic and the interesting thing about that is people are now staying on my site to read but nothing else! see stats.
Number of visits Percent
0s-30s 245 69.2 %
30s-2mn 40 11.2 %
2mn-5mn 13 3.6 %
5mn-15mn 13 3.6 %
15mn-30mn 9 2.5 %
30mn-1h 5 1.4 %
1h+ 27 7.6 %
Unknown 2 0.5 %
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Stats don't look that bad. I wouldn't worry so much on trying to monetize the site but rather on giving your users a lot of value and making them want to stay on the page. Perhaps add a newsletter. Sales will come later on.

Adrian,
alvin
Trust:
Hi,

I would recommend that you use images with your Adsense ads, just small boxes that make the ads look like they belong to them.

And you're using only 2 ads, try and add a Link ad on the left navigation at the very top.

I would also move the Google search to the very top and change the background color. Just change the background color of the table

<table bgcolor="#ffffff"> TO <table bgcolor="#FFDAB9">

Let me know if you need some help.

@
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
thanks for your suggestions. I implemented the link unit and the search bar at the top.We will see how it goes.I have had problems in the past with adding small pictures as they increase the load time of the page so much. I would add pictures of rugs or related products in this case and I do know how to reduce them in size,perhaps since they will be so small I can reduce the resolution a great deal and it will work,you think? thanks again.
alvin
Trust:
Yes, reducing the size will work. If you have problems with that, just email me the pictures and I can help you resize them.
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
thank you so much,that is very nice of you.