Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

How Many Emails To Send and When To Sell

tinkywinky99
Trust:

How Many Emails To Send and When To Sell

Sorry for the long winded question. I am completely new to the idea of email marketing and auto-mailers, so please go easy :)

I had a few questions about the process. I completely understand the system, just wondering about specifics.

1. How often should I be sending emails out to my list? Once a week? Once a month? More/less? Should I ever stop sending mails to my list?

2. When should I attempt my first sell. Also, what's the difference between a soft sell and a hard sell and is there a different timeline for attempting each?

Thank you!
michael025
Trust:
Hi tinkywinky,

See below:

1. How often should I be sending emails out to my list? Once a week? Once a month? More/less? Should I ever stop sending mails to my list? My opinion on this is that you send emails more frequently at the beginning, around once every three days, then maybe after 15 days to a month, you start sending less frequently like once every five days or once a week. I wouldn't stop sending emails to my list unless a member specifically asks to unsubscribe.

2. When should I attempt my first sell. Also, what's the difference between a soft sell and a hard sell and is there a different timeline for attempting each? You can attempt your first sale the moment you send your first email.

To answer your question about the difference between a soft sell and a hard sell, a soft sell is more subtle, the idea is to make a potential buyer see a problem and see your product as a solution worth considering without directly saying so. A hard sell is more in your face, specifically telling your buyer to buy this now!

Hope that helps : )
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
personally, I have found that my list converts better when I contact them every day for a week before promoting a hard sell.

This is where using a 7 day mini course works really well. I usually set up my first 7 days with a mini course, video serries, or something that will email them every day. For example, I put together a 7 day course on communication in relationships. I took that course and send one email about 1000-1500 words long each day for the first 7 days with a single line ( soft sell) recommendation for a product. then, day 8, I send out a hard sell, to buy the product and get a bonus within 72 hours, adding a short review of the product in the hardsell.

day 9, I send out another email, asking for feedback on the course, and asking for specific questions that they would like to get answers to, (answering those questions gives me the emails that go into the sequence)

day 10, send out a 24 hour reminder to claim their bonus and repeat the product review. after that, I send out 1-2 articles per week, I also set up my blog RSS feed to send out an email once a week with my latest posts. and usually one or two hard sell promotions/ month, plus any product launches that I get into.

I split test this ecourse with putting it in a pdf ebook all at once, with just a couple of emails filled in, and the ecourse converts almost 3 times the sales as the ebook.

as far as how long you should email your list, how long do you want to keep making money from them?

Mark said on his webinar last night that he makes sales to people who have been on his lists for 4 years, and longer. That is the beauty in having a list. as long as you keep providing value, you can go on indefinitely.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

tinkywinky99
Trust:
When you're attempting your first soft sell, do you put it above the fold or in the centre/end of the email?

Also, if you're sending emails for a year, do you change up the product you're trying to sell? Like if we make a sale of Product X after one month, should we start upselling product Y and if so, how do we know when to start upselling Y/stop selling X?
perdant44
Trust:
Hello. I just listened to the webinar Cutting-edge Autopilot niche. It was very informative as far as how to research and put together eBook. However, I am majorly confused. Once I get a website/product how do I sell it? Do I have to set up creditcard/paypal on my site or do I put it on Clickbank, which costs thousands of dollars to be a merchant. I think I missed the point somewhere. Please help.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Tinkywinky, I usually have about 10-15 diffrent products that I promote through out the list over the course of a year, offering different bonuses. Also, I joint the affilaite programs and try to get to know the affiliate managers for those products so that I find out about any new products coming out that I want to promote to my list.

Usually I will do 2 affiliate links,. I will introduce the topic and have a recommendation for a product after the first couple of paragraphs, and then end the email with another soft recommendation for a product. When chosing products to promote, find one that is relevant to the topic of the email.

PErdant, there is a lot that goes into selling a product. I think that course is to teach you all those things. A lot of those webinars are designed to make you ask those questions, and buy their product in order to find the answers.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
tinkywinky99 wrote:When you're attempting your first soft sell, do you put it above the fold or in the centre/end of the email?

You could place your affiliate link before the body of your email on some of your newsletters:

Hi,

For the ultimate solution to save your
barking inappropriately, check out:

your affiliate link

Body of the email

You'd see this on some of the newsletters in Affilojetpack. Mark uses this technique on some emails to ensure the customer sees the promotion first before reading the body of the email.

Throughout the email series you will notice promos are put in a variety of positions in the email text so that the readers don't get too used to it being in the same place. Thus it always seems 'fresh' and they are more likely to read it.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Perdant44 wrote:Hello. I just listened to the webinar Cutting-edge Autopilot niche. It was very informative as far as how to research and put together eBook. However, I am majorly confused. Once I get a website/product how do I sell it? Do I have to set up creditcard/paypal on my site or do I put it on Clickbank, which costs thousands of dollars to be a merchant. I think I missed the point somewhere. Please help.

Welcome to Affilorama, Perdant44 :)

I believe the Introduction to Affiliate Marketing lessons will be able to answer your questions :)
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

f5mtadas
Trust:
tinkywinky99 wrote:Sorry for the long winded question. I am completely new to the idea of email marketing and auto-mailers, so please go easy :)

I had a few questions about the process. I completely understand the system, just wondering about specifics.

1. How often should I be sending emails out to my list? Once a week? Once a month? More/less? Should I ever stop sending mails to my list?

2. When should I attempt my first sell. Also, what's the difference between a soft sell and a hard sell and is there a different timeline for attempting each?

Thank you!

it depends what you are selling, but firstly you need to make relashionships with peoples in your list.
Usualy I just share some good free stuffs with them. anyways, I think you should not stop sending emails until
they will unsubscribe.
17 Years Of Daily Payouts Worldwide!
Others Do Not Even Come Close!
Can $5 Earn UNLIMITED income for LIFE?
http://www.f5m-millionaires-club.com/freereport3/?id=f5mtadas

vajifdar
Trust:
I am try to get sale last one year now i am tired . I dont know how to get first sale i am try to send Bit.Ly link of my weight loss product and supplier directory on twitter but some time i get response but after i send them message again they never do that.I have no blog no website ,no domain

Can any one of us tell me how i send them message again and again.

Devdatt Vajifdar
fastflipwebservices
Trust:
Michael is right, you should send an email every 3 days. You should have a welcome email and an exit email at the front and back of your series. The first one congratulates them for taking a big step to whatever niche you're targeting, and to expect more emails from you in the near future, basically setting them up by telling them you'll be in contact.

The exit email will tell them, that you're stumped why they haven't taken you up on your can't refuse offer. Then tell them that you won't be talking to them for a little bit (the takeaway) and wishing them the best.

You should have a series of 7 or more depending on what you're selling. Your number one goal in every email is to get the "click".

Link what your offering to something completely unrelated, and tell a story. The human psyche is entranced by stories, and will lower the defenses most people have. And contrary to what people believe, if you can do it right, humor works in email correspondence.

Once you tell a story, bring in a little pain, but not too much to surface their problems, then give them the solutions to the problem (your product) with a link....Don't have click here links or anything like that, they get caught up in spam filters.

I've been writing Autoresponders for a bit, and learned from the best in the industry Jay White, who writes Autoresponders for Alex Mondassian and other great Internet marketers.
fastnobull
Trust:
I don't agree with the 3 day email plan the user above me posted.

I'd stick with one email per week, max. You gotta keep your viewers interested, while at the same time, keep them wanting more. How would you feel if a marketer went to your door every day trying to force you to buy a boring old appliance from him?

This topic was started on Nov 25, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.