Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

How do I set up an affiliate link ?

chants
Trust:

How do I set up an affiliate link ?

Hi

Another newbie question.

I have some sites up but have not yet applied to an affiliate program.

My query is... once they have actually accepted me, how do I set up an affiliate link in my blog. Will this consist of html code that I simply install in my blog at an appropriate place ?

Thanks a lot

Chantelle
newstart
Trust:
There are several services that provide products that can be merchandised by affiliate marketers. Some of these services have a rigorous application system. Consumer Junction, Clickbank and Asseenonpc are three companies that have products available for affiliates. There are many services product providers availabe for affiliate marketers.

Clickbank is a major provider of product listings seeking affiliate marketers. I believe Clickbank will accept anyone that signs up. I have never heard of anyone that Clickbank has refused.

The exact procedure in establishing an affiliate link varies slightly between the various service providers. In the case of Clickbank each of their listings has a small box with a button titled "PROMOTE". When you press this button and fill out the section with your special clickbank ID the page produces a hoplink code. This hoplink code is simply added into the html where you would like it placed.

Most of the product developers have also developed BANNERS that you can use on your website. In the case of most Clickbank developers it is on a special page specifically for affiliates. The affiliate section can be located by either an address in the promo section of the Clickbank ad or the bottom of the product developers page titled affiliate. A few product developers offer additional helps for affiliate marketers in their affiliate section that can be very helpful.

The procedures with other service companies vary slightly. They will all provide a special hoplink so that anyone visiting a product website through your website's hoplink will have your code locked in so that if a purchase is made you will receive credit for the sale.
chants
Trust:
Hi

Thanks for your detailed answer ... however I am still not clear about my orginal query...

When a company gives me an affiliate link is it in html and do I simply paste it in in the html edit side of my blog ?

also if the link they give me is a banner ... is this also in html and how exactly do i install this in my blog.

I need clear precise instructions because i am a newbie without much tech knowledge.

Thanks a lot in advance

Chantelle
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Chantelle,

Most of the time, once a vendor accepts you as an affiliate they give you an affiliate link or an affiliate banner (sometimes both) to use. You place the affiliate link within your articles as call to action link with the appropriate anchor text. For example:

The above example is an html code that you can insert within your articles. If you are using Wordpress, you need to insert the code while in HTML view in the Edit Posts area.

The code for the banners can be placed on the sidebar or as part of your post too if you prefer.

I hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

chants
Trust:
Hi Cecille

Thanks for the reply ... very clear and useful.

I wonder if I can ask you something else ... I have asked a question about all in one seo but I am not convinced that the answer is correct- could you help me out?

I understand that the post title and description need to correspond with the title and description requested by all in one seo.

However I am confused about which title and description in the post should correspond... should it be the title on the edit post page or the title in the general settings field. Also should the description that has to be the same as all in one seo in the post be the titletag in the general settings .

Lastly ... in what way is the title in the post and in the general settings linked ... and also linked to all in one seo.

Sounds a bit complicated, but hope you can help.

Thanks

Chantelle
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
I believe your question was already answered in this thread, Chantelle: Newbie confusion -How does all in one seo work ?

jmpruitt wrote:Hi Chantelle,

The info on the settings tab and in the All iN One SEO should be the same info. The All in one seo will override the defualt settings tab for your home page titile and description/tag line. The main title of your blog will be what shows up in search results for your home page, but it is also what will show up as the page title in the browser tabs.

the all in one plugin overrides what is entered in the Settings>>General tab when you set up the plugin. they basically serve the same function but the plugin takes over when you add it to your blog.

Make sure you fill out the info for your home page within the settings>> all in one plugin tab, so that it reads all of your home page information correctly.

On each post for your site, at the end of the post there will be a field to fill in all of your SEO meta information for that individual post. all of you SEO data for that specific post should be entered there for your posts to show the right info.

on each post you will have 3 fields

Title is your meta title, and should be the same as the post title. this is what will show in search results for your page title as well as in the browser tab when people open your posts.

Description - this is the meta description where you tell google what your page is relevant to. it should be one or two sentencese (less than 160 characters) describing what your post is about and include a soft call to action to read your post. this is what will show in search results, as well as on bookmarking sites, and other sites that you use for link building.

Keyword - probably the most worthless tag on a site, since many people use it to stuff keywords, however is still beneficial for rankings with Bing search, although Google ignores it. put one or two keywords here that you want to rank for but I would recommend no more than 2.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive