Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Email E-course tactical question

mikel
Trust:

Email E-course tactical question

I'm offering a free ecourse in a fairly competitive niche, non-IM, which has lots of crappy (is that bad language?) products and some good ones.

In the first part of the course where I do the "tell them what youre going to tell them" bit, I want to mention up front and direct that the course with RRP $47 is free because we recommend products that support the course. and theyre great, theyre guarenteed etc. Its about one paragraph and then I move on.

My thinking is that by simply telling my readers the truth up front that they will be more receptive to receiving offers throughout the course.

Sure, I realise that multiple exposures are meant to build trust first.

Is this plain suicide or is it a reasonable idea?

TIA
Mikel
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
mikel wrote:I'm offering a free ecourse in a fairly competitive niche, non-IM, which has lots of crappy (is that bad language?) products and some good ones.

In the first part of the course where I do the "tell them what youre going to tell them" bit, I want to mention up front and direct that the course with RRP $47 is free because we recommend products that support the course. and theyre great, theyre guarenteed etc. Its about one paragraph and then I move on.

My thinking is that by simply telling my readers the truth up front that they will be more receptive to receiving offers throughout the course.

Sure, I realise that multiple exposures are meant to build trust first.

Is this plain suicide or is it a reasonable idea?

TIA
Mikel

By telling your subscribers what they are going to recieve... then doing exactly that.... is a lot more credible and they will be sure to read your emails a lot more than others.

Adrian,
mikel
Trust:
Thanks Adrian

2 for 2 - you are a super responsive guy.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I would say give it a go, you never know these things until you try. Without knowing more about your market it's hard to know whether they're going to be jaded and sick of being sold to, or whether they're open for the suggestion.

One thing to think of though: Do you think that telling people you're going to be promoting products in your emails is going to stop them reading future emails? Will it turn them off before you have a chance to convince them you're great?

Another thing: If you're providing good content, good information, if you come across as a credible and trustworthy source... Do you think your readers would be annoyed if you talked about good products in your emails? Would you yourself be annoyed?

How about if you included your little disclaimer at the bottom of emails?

Just some things to think about. I would just be a little wary of turning people off before I had a chance to prove myself. But like I said at the start... give it a go and keep an eye on your unsubscribe rate.

All the best,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

mikel
Trust:
Darn, youre making me think Mark.

Your point on credibility.. I never considered really.

I do like your idea about putting a statement at the bottom of each mail, that would satisfy me if I was my reader, although it may not appeal to everyone.

Once its up and running and getting decent consistent numbers I could split test with a bit of work.

Thanks much
Mikel