Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Creating my own digital product

etfimt
Trust:

Creating my own digital product

I decided to create my own digital product on how to learn to play guitar , ( classic , electric , bass ) so obviously will be 3 different programs
My husband played in various groups in Europe , he plays guitar , piano , sings and composes .
He is very good with it .
Years ago he had offer from BMI to write music for BMI but he didn't take it ( long story )
We have friends with recording studios who are also guitar players so making the video lessons should not be a problem .
My question however is do we have some tutorial how to make your own digital product ? Step by step .
What to do next after all is ready and on the video , do i need book or just videos are enough with some e-book ,are dvd's a must or just download is enough , off course i would use clickbank but how do i keep the whole program safe .Should i use some online business to keep the whole record on file , i am lost in few parts how to handle this after product is ready to be sold .
Any tips i would really appreciate.
thanks Eva
anil
Trust:
Am sure the product creation experts will be along shortly, in the meantime check out this video.
jay3
Trust:
etfimt wrote:What to do next after all is ready and on the video , do i need book or just videos are enough with some e-book ,are dvd's a must or just download is enough , off course i would use clickbank but how do i keep the whole program safe .Should i use some online business to keep the whole record on file , i am lost in few parts how to handle this after product is ready to be sold .
Any tips i would really appreciate.
thanks Eva

Hey Eva,

If you're doing an evergreen perpetual launch i'd recommend checking out optimize press.

You'll need to put your g33k on though since the platform has a LOT of bells and whistles. ebooks and videos are the norm and the theme comes with a variety of landing pages for both.

To protect your downloads there's a software called downloadguard(dlguard.com). Haven't personally used that one but have heard it's pretty good.

Thinking of starting a "product line" in the near future too but keeping it simple at the moment more out of laziness than anything else ;-)

Cheers,
Jay
Another Awe$ome Online Community And I've Managed To Get You In For $7 - http://www.btf2012.com/they-laughed-until.php

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
As an ebook self-publisher on ClickBank, I use "LinkLok" to protect my downloads. Have used DLGuard years ago, but it broke recently - I guess because I didn't keep up with all the upgrades.

I notice the latest (expensive) Adobe Acrobat can have video inserted into PDFs. So, you could make an ebook with the videos inside.

I have not had to buy Adobe Acrobat, because Microsoft Word 2010 can save as PDF. Most ebooks are just Word docs converted to PDFs. In other words, producing an ebook is quite simple. Just get a good set of custom styles set up in Word, write your ebook and save it as a PDF. Web links, images, tables, lists and such are no problem.

Another way of handling the videos would be to put them on a password protected (or otherwise non-pubic) website or blog and link to them from your PDF ebook. Any Word doc/PDF can handle web links. I suppose you could also ZIP up your videos into downloadable files, upload them via FTP to your web space and then let people download them for playing on their own computers.

I don't think there's any reason to provide DVDs these days - and you certainly don't want the hassle of having to deal with physical stock, order fulfillment, tax collecting, etc., etc.

As far as step-by-step instructions - ClickBank may be the best source of those. Ebooks only get tricky when it comes to the marketing of them. Producing them and getting them onto ClickBank is pretty easy.

The problem with marketing is that no serious ClickBank affiliates are going to promote your ebook until you have sold quite a few yourself - to prove that your sales page does work. And you need to create an extensive page of affiliate tools. All this is detailed on Clickbank and their resources and blog.

Hope this helps...
_jim coe
etfimt
Trust:
Thanks guys , in time i have checked some other play guitar sites to see how they are design and what do they offer , i have to admit some programs were put together really good , could be tough competition but we can always try something new
jay3
Trust:
etfimt wrote:Thanks guys , in time i have checked some other play guitar sites to see how they are design and what do they offer , i have to admit some programs were put together really good , could be tough competition but we can always try something new

Hey Eva,

Don't shy away from the competition. Just take what they are doing and make your product better ;)

Cheers,
Jay
Another Awe$ome Online Community And I've Managed To Get You In For $7 - http://www.btf2012.com/they-laughed-until.php

etfimt
Trust:
Thank Jay , actually you are right , sometimes i do , i have this good ideas how to put the site together i spent hrs to do graphics and after i look at similar websites i erase my whole work, i think i am trying to hard .
jay3
Trust:
etfimt wrote:Thank Jay , actually you are right , sometimes i do , i have this good ideas how to put the site together i spent hrs to do graphics and after i look at similar websites i erase my whole work, i think i am trying to hard .

Hey Eva,

What i normally do is split tasks between "must haves" and "would be nice to haves". Saves a lot of time and helps me a lot in my productivity. You can always scale the nice to haves later :-)

etfimt
Trust:
Jay one more question , i can see you are promoting Bring The Fresh , i was introduced to this program thru Jon Penberthy newsletters , this is on my mind since last week to get this program but i am waiting for a week or two since last few programs i purchased i didn't have time to even take a good look ( Membersnap Job Crusher and Commission Avalanche ) .
I like afiloblueprint but also i like to out cross sometimes in different opinions , i learn the most i can in my free time .
How much different Bring the Fresh is from affiloblueprint , Jon had short video to let us see inside little bit so i could see some stuff we are learning here on affiloblueprint , but is there really more tactics we can learn in BTF?
I don't know Jon but i like this kid and trust his opinion so Bring The Fresh is the next program on my list just how much completely new info is in it
Thanks Eva
jay3
Trust:
etfimt wrote:Jay one more question , i can see you are promoting Bring The Fresh , i was introduced to this program thru Jon Penberthy newsletters , this is on my mind since last week to get this program but i am waiting for a week or two since last few programs i purchased i didn't have time to even take a good look ( Membersnap Job Crusher and Commission Avalanche ) .
I like afiloblueprint but also i like to out cross sometimes in different opinions , i learn the most i can in my free time .
How much different Bring the Fresh is from affiloblueprint , Jon had short video to let us see inside little bit so i could see some stuff we are learning here on affiloblueprint , but is there really more tactics we can learn in BTF?
I don't know Jon but i like this kid and trust his opinion so Bring The Fresh is the next program on my list just how much completely new info is in it
Thanks Eva

Hey Eva,

After having compared both affiloblueprint and bring the fresh i'd say these are the ONLY programs you should concentrate on otherwise you'll be wearing yourself out.

What i liked the most from bring the fresh is there model called video jacking. Typically there's a lot of hype and cruddy products out there which you can review without promoting them.

You do this by creating video reviews, ranking them for the hypey product names and telling people what you don't like about it redirecting them to the product of your choice ;-)

Ofcourse you have to be honest about this and since i've got a vengeance on those crappy products i'll be doing this more often in the future.

I'd recommend NOT getting btf at the moment and actually finishing your training of affiloblueprint but if you have any questions send me a PM and i'll be glad to answer them.

Will save turning this thread about digitial products into a product q&a ;-)

Cheers,
Jay

cecille.l
Trust:
We have friends with recording studios who are also guitar players so making the video lessons should not be a problem .
My question however is do we have some tutorial how to make your own digital product ? Step by step .

Mark has recently created a series of videos on creating digital products. This is available to all Premium members and can be accessed in the Premium members area.

Hope that helps. All the best!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

This topic was started on Jun 21, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.