Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Adding facebook page to your website

nates450r
Trust:

Adding facebook page to your website

Im moving on up in the web2.0 era slowley but surely

I would like to add a facebook page to/for one of my websites,
but when i went to do so i stumbled apon a question.

In general,When setting up a facebook page for a website do you set up a regular facebook or facebook business page?

I think many affiliate websites could be considered a online busniss IMO if they are big enough.
i ask becouse when you sign up a new acount they ask you your sex and your birthday

Well if your setting up a page for a website there no birthday or sex.
jethro.aragon
Trust:
Hi nates450r,

Creating a page for your site is a really good idea. You could actually say that you are running a business because Affiliate Marketing really is a business.

Anyway, just go to this page and follow the steps and you should be good to go : http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php

Setting up twitter and Google plus might also be a good idea.

Cheers!
Last edited by jethro.aragon on 24 Aug 11 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

-Jethro-

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice.”

nates450r
Trust:
jethro.aragon wrote:Hi nates450r,

Creating a page for your site is a really good idea. You could actually say that you are running a business because Affiliate Marketing really is a business.

Anyway, just go to this page and follow the steps and you should be good to go : [url]http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php[/url

Setting up twitter and Google plus wight also be a good idea.

Cheers!

Thanks for your input--- i set up a facebook acount (quick) just to see how it worked out
the problem im having is i DONT want it as "page" connected to my personal fb acount.

i want to set up a seprate acount (i dont want my website listed as a page) if you know what i mean-i dont want to it to have admins---so i guess i can just set up a standerd acount.

website already has twitter---but havng problem with google plus (does show up on website)
evilla.drazen
Trust:
It's really a very helpful idea to create a Facebook page and connect it right into your site. This way, you can add more traffic. It's like hitting two birds with one stone. Here's a link which might be helpful to you in creating a Facebook page and linking it into your site. Click Here!
essexboyracer
Trust:
Hi Nates, I too have had a similar query, I find the way facebook arranges its content to be very confusing, e.g. is it a page/group/organisation?

I have clients that want facebook and know how it operates as they use it personally, but they can't explain the difference between the different entities and can't be bothered either. What do we create?
mark schaaf
Trust:
I too have been thinking about putting up a facebook page and it is a little confusing but had some good tips. I was told to open the facebook as a personal page and work it into a business but not a complete business page. The way this was explained to me was as a business page I would not be allowed to do some things that I can do as a personal page and you can separate the two. I haven't done enough research on it to know much at all but this was in an article I found when I first started looking into facebook.
Mark

knighting
Trust:
Hello,

Thank you so much for such a fast reply. Can you add a link in a permanent place on your Facebook page? If you can, couldn't you also add the library links there as well? Is there a limit on how many links you can add? Were you thinking the library would be more than simple links? I'm not sure if you were planning this or even want to do this, but you could have the recommended books be affiliate links to Amazon (or other). That probably isn't allowed at Facebook, but would be at your site. You could display an image of the cover of the book and then a brief description of the book on your site.

Thanks a lot for help!!
Hellin Knighting
Register yourself at various online focus group collectives and start the ball rolling straight away.
www.e-focusgroups.com

info.techwise
Trust:
General page would do the work. No need for business page. Just create a page and go for http://developer.facebook.com and get the necessary plugins for your website. You would get detailed integration techniques and codes.
cecille.l
Trust:
I've seen plenty of businesses having a Facebook personal fan page for their business and this works. They have their friends/colleagues like the page so that when they broadcast something it is posted on their friends' walls too. What some do is they create a page and then place a link to that on their websites and invite their visitors to like the page.
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

PremiumMember
kieran
Trust:
One piece of advice that I have been given is to have only ONE account ever at Facebook, and this should be a personal account. All the various things that you might want to do, such as keeping personal and business topics separate, can be handled from this one account. Many people claim that having several accounts is OK but the danger is, if FB ever discover this, they will close you down and never let you back in.
Kieran

www.moneymakingbuzz.com - the Key to Online Wealth
www.buildthingsdirect.com - the Top Site for Home Improvement Projects

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Thanks for the heads up, Kieran!

Yes, managing multiple accounts is a serious violation of Facebook's Terms of Use. They will terminate all the accounts if they find that the person has more than one account.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

williamluke01
Trust:
how i can put my page on my admin page.....
annabellefrost07
Trust:
I know they allow you to have only 1 personal account and they keep this in check with phone verification and all. Do they allow for multiple pages to be linked to the same account? They do, right?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
yes you can have mutliple pages. the thing is that it is difficult to manage them all and keep them updated with fresh new content, especially if you are doing it all yourself.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Aug 21, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.