Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Spliting up key phrases and promoting products on these kws

dragon33
Trust:

Spliting up key phrases and promoting products on these kws

Hey guys, first of all it is getting better with my daughter. She is reacting very well on the chemo.
Ok guys now I am actually starting.
My topic would be weight loss and the keyphrase where i am going for is weight loss program. Why such a topic? Because I am a sportfreak and i know a lot of dieting with the right foods, that's it. I can talk about for hours. Ok there is a competition from another 13500000 sites BUT the first rankings in google have a pagerank in this order of 4, 5, 3, 5, 4. This means only two with PR 5 and both have only 8 backlinks so i can do much better i think.

One big question: Can i split up my key phrase in weight loss program|weight loss supplements on one page?
If so can i promote about two or three things per keyword phrase.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
You can optimise for a couple of keywords per page, as long as you get plenty of links with those phrases in the anchor text.

Weight loss supplement sounds pretty competitive, especially for your first attempt. I'm not saying it can't be done, but expect it to take months before you see any kind of results.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

dragon33
Trust:
weight loss program was my first search and i believe it is possible to beat my conpetitor. On weight loss supplements i did not do a keyword research. I take a quick look and indeed its much bigger then weight loss program. So i have to think of something else.
Maybe i just take weight loss program!
dragon33
Trust:
My first goal is to score high in google on weight loss program. I believe i can. Maybe i just mention wich supplements i ever have used and wich are good so i don't have to focus on the supplements. I am looking to other websites and i think i can do better if i use my time. Content is not a problem because its my speciality and backlinks can't be problem i think.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
What sites only have 8 backlinks??? I just checked for weight loss program and they have well over 900 uniques links.... many PR5s and 4s etc....

Weight loss program would be good to get a ranking for although I think it's a far stretch for your first site..... there are also other profitable search terms with less competition in that field.

You may go for 2 / 3 keywords per page yes.
dragon33
Trust:
Probably i search the wrong way with google. If i type the search term weight loss program the first website that appaers is www.freedieting.com with PR4 en so on. The rest i told you before.
Can you tell me exactly how to set up the startpage for google so i can find the same results as you do. I've just checked and it is google.com
I live in Belgium maybe that is why i have different results.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Every result will vary from country to country... by one or two... but that isn't what is the problem. The problem is the quality and quantity of the links pointing to those top ranking sites. Where did you get the number 8 from?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Even if you do a quick google backlink check, freedieting.com shows around 122 links. And for google this is a lot.

Where are you going to get all your backlinks from? If you have a good plan, then it won't be impossible, but if you are pretty inexperienced getting backlinks, then you're going to be in trouble.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

lunatunes
Trust:
Dragon, Like Adrian said, there are many other profitable search terms that you could go for within the weight loss industry. You can have weight loss as the main theme of your site or your home page theme. And then have links on the home page that go to other pages that you will optimize for a different keyword.
For example: you can have a link on the home page that takes you to a page on your site that is all about weight loss supplements and the links on that page take you to different pages concerning different aspects of weight loss supplements. Your main weight loss supplement page would be a mini silo within your website. You can do this with all kinds of related weight loss keywords within your site and rank for a lot of those less competitive keywords which in turn will also help you rank for some of your more difficult keywords.

Blessings,

Randy
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
My first goal is to score high in google on weight loss program. I believe i can.

First of all just make sure that your research is spot-on so you know what you're going into. Instead of targeting this keyword as your "first goal", why not try targeting some longer tail search terms and get ranking well for those as your first goal? You'll be able to see results for these much faster, and ranking well for these will help your rankings for the bigger search terms.

Of course never lose sight of what your main targets are, but think of it as swooping around and taking them from the back instead of attacking them head-on.

Where are you going to get all your backlinks from? If you have a good plan, then it won't be impossible, but if you are pretty inexperienced getting backlinks, then you're going to be in trouble.

This is a slightly two-dimensional view. Not all backlinks need to be begged, bought or bartered. If you work on doing things right, creating a really good site with good content, maybe even a community component (it's the concept of the moment), keep your SEO in mind, and give it some time, you will start to receive links. If you can be more creative with your marketing efforts then you will also be rewarded. Don't be put off in this early stage by the intimidating prospect of needing to find 900 backlinks.

Glad to hear your daughter is doing well, let us know how you get on,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

dragon33
Trust:
adrian wrote:Every result will vary from country to country... by one or two... but that isn't what is the problem. The problem is the quality and quantity of the links pointing to those top ranking sites. Where did you get the number 8 from?

When i search for weight loss program the number 3 or 4 ranking has PR 3 with 9 backlinks. I only use the google searchbar
dragon33
Trust:
MarkLing wrote:
My first goal is to score high in google on weight loss program. I believe i can.

First of all just make sure that your research is spot-on so you know what you're going into. Instead of targeting this keyword as your "first goal", why not try targeting some longer tail search terms and get ranking well for those as your first goal? You'll be able to see results for these much faster, and ranking well for these will help your rankings for the bigger search terms.

Of course never lose sight of what your main targets are, but think of it as swooping around and taking them from the back instead of attacking them head-on.

This is a slightly two-dimensional view. Not all backlinks need to be begged, bought or bartered. If you work on doing things right, creating a really good site with good content, maybe even a community component (it's the concept of the moment), keep your SEO in mind, and give it some time, you will start to receive links. If you can be more creative with your marketing efforts then you will also be rewarded. Don't be put off in this early stage by the intimidating prospect of needing to find 900 backlinks.

Glad to hear your daughter is doing well, let us know how you get on,
Mark

If i understand the right way i can go for weight los but i better can optimize for a keywordphrase like say rapid healthy weight loss or something like that. Less website competition is better and i probably gone get it by searaching for other keyphrases
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Yes