Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Researching the research

tassieroo
Trust:

Researching the research

Pleased to have just joined and currently engrossed in finding 'my' niche within week (1).... I intend to follow the blueprint religiously as I agree with Mark stressing the need to work with proven principles.. however some questions are clouding my progress

The starting point as I understand is.... To drop over the the CB marketplace and find a 'niche' based on the following criteria: Gravity 30+, Payment $17 + and a min 3 products being offered

pondering ? -

Sure - high gravity is an indication of a product being targeted and sold by affiliates but what about newer products that are just emerging in the market .. so .. question/s

1. Is there some way that we can determine that a product is moving up or down in the rankings - trend analysis?
2. Why isn't it suggested that an option could be to do a 'keyword' analysis then hit CB and search for appropriate products for the niche that has been identified?

any help would be most appreciated - thanks
PremiumMember
whistlerh
Trust:
TassieRoo,

To answer your first question, you can find some trending information on products over at cbengine.com (always-clear cookies when finished using the site) I recommend using the free information they provide, and not paying!

Here is MHO on your second question. What comes first the chicken or egg? Well that age-old question applies to your question too. For me, I look at the product as the chicken, which makes it easier for me to produce the eggs---keywords.

I would assume the recommendation is based on general ease of implementation. However, I do daily keyword research based on current events and current popular searches. The research I do with a product in mind tends to lead more focused, plentiful, and productive results.

A product can have a positive impact on how I research. For example when I am researching with no particular product or niche in mind I am bound by my own personal knowledge and preconceived notions. Nothing we do happens in a vacuum, our personal limitations can get in the way.

Take Mark’s WowBlackBlook.com example: imagine I know nothing about WoW or mmorpgs and I come across the keyword phrase "wow gold farming" in a random keyword research session. Would I know where to begin with that keyword, most likely not? I would just skip over it because it would not fit into my current knowledge base or frame of reference. Looking into every keyword to see monetization potential is impossible.

In other words, sometimes a product can lead you down a path you would otherwise over look. Products can open our minds and get us thinking in new, more productive ways.

Sorry for the wordy answer, hope that makes a little sense. Just my opinion on the topic, I would be interested in hearing yours, and others, opinion on this topic as well.

Whistler
PremiumMember
blubutterfly
Trust:
Hi I have just finished week 1 videos, and found my niche, I have followed marks instructions on 3 products with gravities over 30, I am wondering if I have picked a hard niche, popular but hard. I am concerned that my keywords are not the sort of keywords I should be looking for.

So far I have only been able to get a list with about 18 keyword phrases, some of the keywords phrases almost sound the same but are different, is that ok???

I have tried to expand on the keywords also around the product
what if I cannot find 25 keywords??
I am not sure what mark means by product name reviews. I need five. Does that mean I search for 5 product reviews in google (on product I am selling) and can use those or does that mean I have to write my own reviews???
Sorry for all the questions,, I am wanting to get onto next class which will be using elance.com I think.
any help would be appreciated right now..
regards justine
tassieroo
Trust:
WhistlerH wrote:TassieRoo,

To answer your first question, you can find some trending information on products over at cbengine.com (always-clear cookies when finished using the site) I recommend using the free information they provide, and not paying!

Whistler

Thanks for your response Whistler and the direction to the cbengine -

TR
PremiumMember
whistlerh
Trust:
Blu,

Good to see you taking action and making progress. When Mark talks about "product name review" all he is saying is to take the name of your products and slap review at the end of it. For example say you are selling the "Red Widget Guide"
then the product name review will be "Red Widget Guide Review."

If you get utterly stuck and cant find the last couple of keyword phrase I would move on and start to write my content. While you are researching for your article you just may stumble upon some useful keyword ideas. As your knowledge about your niche grows so will your ability to produce keyword phrases.

Here is to your Keyword Hunting,

Whistler
PremiumMember
blubutterfly
Trust:
thanks whistler

one more question
just say I had a couple of keyword phrases that are similar but worded differently is that ok??

ie: create your own solar energy
solar energy for home
How to save power at home

Even these are all worded completely different can I use these different keyword phrases to write different articles.

I will have more questions later as I am about to get on elance, just going to re listen to video for that now.

thanks again whistler
blu
PremiumMember
whistlerh
Trust:
Blu,

Sounds like 3 viable article topics to me. If each is getting the suggest search volume i say go for it.

Whistler
PremiumMember
blubutterfly
Trust:
thanks again whistler,
and thanks for quick reply too
blu
PremiumMember
blubutterfly
Trust:
Hi me again, when I go to elance and ask for 5 name/product reviews, do I give them the details oviously of products i am selling??? then they do the research to do the review????

This topic was started on May 03, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.