Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Optimizing your site for mispelled keywords

mic510
Trust:

Optimizing your site for mispelled keywords

If you find a misspelled keyword that actually has more searches than the correctly spelled one,
should you write an article and/or do SEO based on the mispelled keyword?
Last edited by michellerana on 10 Feb 10 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
We don't recommend that you use an incorrectly spelled word as your keyword. Even if it has higher search results than the correct word. You would want your site to have quality content. If your articles are misspelled, your visitors would think that your site is unreliable and you will not be able to build it as an authority site.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

protrader
Trust:
You can get traffic from misspelled keywords also. But some search engines will spell check before they check the index, it will not help you much.
PremiumMember
se7en66
Trust:
If you thought there may be significant traffic from mispells write some articles and optimize those for the mispell.Build backlinks to these articles and try and get them to rank.
slvrsrfr
Trust:
I don't think it's a great idea. The search engines are getting smarter and are offering suggestions to people as they type in their queries and they'll also add "did you mean ...." and I bet a lot of folks click on that link then.
esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

From what I've seen in my statistics, I get plenty of traffic from mispelled keywords, even though they are spelled correctly on my sites. It almost seems as if the search engines funnel the mispelled words for example, "assian cat food" to the correctly spelled results for "asian cat food".

Optimizing for these is not only a waste of time, but it also makes you look like a fool to your visitors.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

This topic was started on May 03, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.